2011 2500 HD grease fittings count

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by dtzackus, Jan 18, 2013.

1. dtzackus

dtzackus New Member

Hi, I have a 2011 HD, I was curious since it no where states how many grease fittings I have. I have the 6.0 liter, crew cab and 6 1/2 box. I counted 9 today, 3 at each wheel, pitman arm, steering box arm and upper control arm.

I checked the rear and didn't see anything.

Thanks in advance.

Dan
  2. j cat

j cat Active Member

on my 2000 silverado you have 4 for the ball joints. 4 for the tie rods, idle arm 1,pitman arm 1.

none in rear.
  3. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 New Member

Newer cars have " non-serviceable parts" that dont need grease (more of that service life crap). It depends on year mostly, if you replace any parts always get one with fittings like moog or napa. If you are concerned there are grease needles that can get between the boots or through them or you could drill and tap the ball and socket parts but i wouldnt worry about it. The OEM tierods on these are scrawny and go early like 75k then go and get some hearty moogs. The inner tierod fitting is on the centerlink itself not on the tierod. Also bushings have come a long way and holdup alot better these days.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  4. a.graham52

a.graham52 New Member

you should have 11 i belive. upper ball joints (2), lower ball joints (2), outer tie rod ends (2), inner tierod ends (2), pitman arm (1), idler arm (2, 1 similar to the pitman arm, 1 up near the top where it mounts to the frame) for a total of 11. that second one of the idler arm can be a real peta at times. i am also ASSUMING you have greasable inner tierods. if you dont have them, well then minus 2 fittings.