Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2011 2500HD Door Rattle

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by spavio, Feb 28, 2012.

1. spavio

spavio New Member

Hello All!

I have a 2011 2500Hd that has started to rattle in the drivers door and most recently in the passengers door. Brought to dealership and was told the mounting clips on the door panel was the problem. The fix was to pad the mounting clips. This did not work. Before I bring it back, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Josh

Josh Member 100 Posts

if its under a warranty. take it in but. ive had stuff fall down the sill of the window. my daughter stuck a bunch of pennys and paper clips down the door. every bump you hit it would sould like all hell was a brakin loose in there. are you allowed to remove the panel without voiding warranty. if so take panel off and drive it. soon as you hear it. stick your hand in there and grab around.

3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't know how bad your rattle is but I have had to deal with a few in my old 2002 and I have learned that it is pretty simple. You take the door panel off and anything you find that moves, you stop it from moving with new clips, 3M double sided tape, zip ties or what ever the situation calls for and you will have a quite truck again. My 2002 has no rattles now and sounds like a new truck when driving. Taking the door panel off won't void your warranty as long as you put everything back correctly, no one will know. Good luck, I know rattles can drive you nuts although for me it was a short trip. :lol:

post picture.jpg

4. spavio

spavio New Member

Thanks donyms. I will try the 3m tape. Nice truck!