1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2011 Chevrolet 2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by whmayhew, Feb 6, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. whmayhew

whmayhew New Member

Looking for catback exhaust and cold air intake for my new HD 6.0. Very limited selection so far. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to look.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Check out BanksPower.com

3. whmayhew

whmayhew New Member

Already called them. I could modify their cold air intake (theirs is for electric fan), and they offer no catback yet either. The HD's have a new frame so the older mstuff will not fit. Thanks for the reply.

4. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

5. ChevyHD

ChevyHD Rockstar 100 Posts

Exhaust wouldnt be a problem for any decent muffler shop, unless your looking for an exhaust system.

6. whmayhew

whmayhew New Member

Last Sunday I installed a K & N chrome tube intake but it was not easy. They do not make one for the manual fan so this one had to be modified. Cut out part of the fan shroud and then the fan hits it. Have it pushed up with some foam but will try something better later. Does sound good though. I paid $277.87 on ebay.

7. Dave D.

Dave D. New Member

Dealing with a warranty issue, being told I may have voided my powertrain warranty, and having only installed FOG lights, you need to able to reinstall the stock intake and exhaust systems. GM has specifically told dealers to void warranty on intake parts like MAP sensor if an aftermarket oil airfilter is used. Improperly oiled airfilters are causing GM issues. Also any tuning that changes the factory HP will void the warranty on the drivetrain. I am now resigned to waiting 5 years for my warranty to end. I don't need the stress.

8. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

9. Greg lacroix

Greg lacroix New Member

The volant cold air kit works perfect........the second o2 sensor needs to be tie strapped but worked perfect and is very high in quality. Check www.carid.com they are really good. Good luck fellas.

10. csurane24

csurane24 New Member

Right now aftermarket parts are very limited. I'm still waiting on finding headers, full exhaust, and a good programers still.