1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2011 Chevy 5.3L Z71 - Shaking/bouncing at crawl speeds.

Discussion in 'Ask GM Customer Service' started by Nargg, May 25, 2011.

1. jimmytopman

jimmytopman New Member

After 3 months of jacking around on the phone , I'd be looking for a new dealer.
  2. Nargg

Nargg Rockstar

But what if the issue was with GM Customer Service? My dealership had this correct, and is still willing to work on it. GM Customer Service would not listen to them, or me, made up their own mind, lied, created more problems, and refused to take action on the real problem. Very unsatisfied. Very.
  3. Nargg

Nargg Rockstar

OK, after months of trying find out what this problem is and how to fix it I now at least know what the problem is. Unfortuantely no fix from GM yet.

I have found that GM has decided to lean the fuel mixture on idling engines so much that many of their current V8 models will "shake" during idle much more than before. The reason is for fuel economy. This shake may not be notiable while at full stop, but when the vehicle is rolling, the shake can turn into a vibration felt through the drivetrain and into the cabs of many of their newer trucks.

GM has not issued a fix for this problem yet. But, I've been told that some after-market tuning companies could possibly fix it. I think I'll wait for GM, or until my warranty runs out.

I don't have any issue with fuel economy attempts. But this one has what I feel is a bad side effect. My wife's Equinox has a button to turn on "max" fuel economy, which changes engine idle speeds, and shifting points. I now wish I had this on my truck! Oh well.

Well, at least now I know exactly WHAT the problem is. Hopefully GM will fess up on this issue and allow it to be fixed by the dealerships. BTW, kudo's again to my dealership on sticking with me and helping me find the reason behind this small but annoying issue. Still love my Chevy!
  4. audible

audible Member

I have the same issue. Drives me nuts. If they do not come up with and "make the customer happy" fix....this customer is going to Ford :grrrrrr:
  5. Grizzly Guy

Grizzly Guy Rockstar 100 Posts

You know what,I don't think GM gives a hoot if we all changed to another make of P/U.Sad isn't it!!
  6. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

In most states some of this lack of customer service can be handled with a lemon law. unfortunately my dealer in Utah kept stringing me along till the lemon law had expired for my truck. They conspire to prevent repairing or proving that they are inept in satisfying the customer.
    Tricia has been simply a puppet on this site for GM. No actual authority to get anything fixed. Just another partner in stringing you out.
  7. gregory

gregory New Member

A friend of mine has a 2011. He had a similar problem. It would shake and shudder something awful. They finally found his problem. It
    was a cut gasket in the ABS and it would allow a chattering of the front brakes. They had to replace the bad part and all the front end
    components. Hope this helps.