1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2011 Chevy Cruze Review

Discussion in 'Chevy Car Forum' started by Aeropagus, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Member Platinum Contributor

Has anyone driven a new Cruze around yet? I'm curious what type is mpg it gets, what's the ride and drive like, that sort of thing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

The Cruze has been getting rave reviews for the type of car that it is.
  3. 09Z71

09Z71 New Member

they are totally cool. a buddy just got one, and i rode in it, and it is a sweet little car. he got the LTZ RS in white with the brick/ebony interior, and man it is sharp. rides like a Cadillac and goes like stink, nice little 4 banger feels more than 140 horse. i love the way GM is going with the car market. our Terrain is absolutely reliable and feels like it's built in Germany or Japan, and the Cruze feels the same way. would totally recommend it.
  4. Son has one and loves it. he has been accused of buying it just because of the iphone app. anyway he is only getting 25mpg (US Gallon sorry we have the blasted metric system up here) in town and he only has 350 miles on it. Not so bad compared to my 2011 2500hd 6 liter around town at about 14mpg.
    He has the LT turbo. the only thing he doesn't like is the ipod controls, loves everything else. He's 6' 2" fits well in it likes the smoooooth ride. good replacement for the cobalt that GM had!
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Well, all of the new vehicles are being integrated with communication apps for phones - iPhone and hopefully they never treat Android like a step-child.
  6. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Active Member 1000 Posts

The 6 speed MT Eco Cruze has been well received on various mpg forums. It isn't an absolute favorite, but it is well received as an indicator of GM not conceding the small car market to foreign companies and foreign built cars.
    Someday GM might be able to equip it with one of GMs little Euro/Asian 4 cyl TDs, but right now it doesn't make sense since the 4 cyl Turbo gasoline version gets great HY mpg-according to the mpg folks it gets and honest 50+ mpg at 60 mph on hy trips- pretty good mpg.
    Charlie