2011 Crew Cab and Zone Offroad lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by John Hankel, Jan 31, 2012.

1. John Hankel

John Hankel New Member

Let me say I really like this site and found a lot of good information. I use my truck as a daily driver and towing antique cars and tractors. So I am not looking to lift it sky high or take away any of the drivability or handling of the stock ride. I just want to have the truck look a little different than the rest of the trucks.

I have not found much in this section about the Zone Offroad 2" lift kit for the NBS trucks. I know on their website it indicates you can run a 285-55R20 tire on factory rims, which would be 32.5 tall and 11.7 wide. I have the 18" rims and was looking at this kit when it is time to replace my tires. I was thinking I wanted to run 275-70R18 tires which are 33.2 tall and 11.1 wide.

Anyone tried this kit with this size tire or larger? I know there are people who say they are running 33" tires with just a leveling kit.

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

The tire sizes you mentioned are all around 33". You should be ok with a 2" lift to fit 33s. However, every truck is different and you may have to do some trimming to alleviate any rubbing issues if they arise.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  3. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Agreed. The "definition" of 33's varies widely. 275/70's will rub some.

4. John Hankel

John Hankel New Member

So I have been looking for different kits the last few days and really like the options of the Fat Bobs Garage kits. I was thinking the 2.5" front and 1" or 1.5" rear block or the rear leaf kit. I have a few questions in to them about the hardware and the approx. lift of the add a leaf with a new truck.

Anyone have one of these kits? They are a reinforced nylon front spacers, just like the RC kit. I know I want to add a little height to the back since I tow frequently and do not want a real badly dropped rear in those cases. The add a leafs are a nice feature since they would help eliminate the drop when I do tow.

5. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Dont know much about those kits, but the ReadyLift 2.25 with the rear blocks either 2" or 3" is a sweet looking setup. I loved mine with the level and 2" block.

6. John Hankel

John Hankel New Member

So I heard back from Fat Bob's Garage about their kits. The front spacers are fiberglass reinforced nylon and the rear blocks are cast steel. They also use grade 8 hardware for the ubolts and all of the fasteners. One of the employees posts on another truck bulletin board and offered a 10% discount for finding out about them from the forums.
    That would make the kit I was looking at $134 with free shipping. I think I will give it a try and see if it is the look that I want. I have a few miles to go before I start thinking about new tires, but I will like the look all the same.

7. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

Do you have pictures of this? Its what I was thinking of doing, the 2.25 and a 2 in the back. I don't want to level, just bump it all up and maybe a hair more level.

Or I was thinking the 5100's all round which would do 2" right?

8. ajarman

I do have a few pics but can't get photobucket to work ok the iPhone. Just look at my thread titled pics of my '08 Silverado.

9. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ha,Ha, you have an Iphone.

10. ajarman

Adam, whore out a pic of my truck leveled and clear out some of your PM's. Had something funny to send you today and you were slam full.