1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2011 Key Fob question, again

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by dock420, Aug 25, 2012.

1. dock420

dock420 Member

I have a 2011 crew cab with the 5.3. I know I have the AP8 package installed (which is the auto start prep package). With some help from this site and the local dealer, I have learned that I need part #17801236 and have the computer reprogrammed in order to activate my remote start. My question is, is the part number only two key fobs? If so, couldn't I "find" 2 of the fobs and simply have the computer re-flashed or is there something that comes with the GM box that I would need. Ive seen questions regarding the remote start asked on here before, Im just not wanting to pay $160, if I can help it.

Thanks

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yep thats all the part number is, I bought the package for my 2011 Silverado, havent gotten to the dealer for the programming yet, probably be at the nex oil change. Every Silverado LT is pre-loaded with the AP8 package and depending on the options most Silverado LS trucks are too, unless it was specifically ordered with the package it wont be on a "WT" truck.
    GM parts direct is the best price you'll dind for that part, I know I spent way to much time researching it.