1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2011 Sierra blackbear tune?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 1BadSierra2011, Jan 3, 2013.

1. 1BadSierra2011

1BadSierra2011 Member 1 Year

Where can i get it done and about how much is it? Iv heard great things about it but never really looked much in to it? thanks!
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Use the search function at the top right of your screen and enter "blackbear".... You'll see lots of related threads appear and you should find what you are looking for. There will probably be a few different answers, so check out a few and find what works best for you.

Good luck!
  3. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

A major difference worth mentioning is that people here have provided feedback about specific people/companies that they have worked with and some of those custom tuners may even provide a discount to members here (or work some kind of deal). The link above will give you a baseline but it should still be helpful to read up on some of the others. In any case, once you receive your custom tune, please provide feedback so that others may benefit from your recent experience. Tuners and custom tunes always draw the interest of many.
  5. Toymyster

Toymyster Rockstar 100 Posts

My suggestion is look and find a local tuner that would do a complete dyno tune on your truck. I have always favored finding a local source for what you need. That way, the tune is done on YOUR truck, with your driving habits and south Texas climate. Also, if you happen to not like the tune, it is easier to back for fine tuning if your tuner is local.
  6. Skippy

Skippy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Amen to that. I've been back 3 times to fine-tune my tune. My local shop doesn't even charge for it. At $250 (plus $75 for the original Dyno) it was well worth finding a local tuner.

-Jerry