Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2011 Silverado headlight lens removal

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Jaele, May 20, 2012.

1. Jaele

Jaele Rockstar 100 Posts

Has only tried this on a nnbs headlight? Im thinking about trying the oven way later this week. If anyone have done this do you have a how to? i can only find them on nbs and obs styles.

Thanks

2. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

This is fairly easy to do however you have to remove the grille and the grille clips can be a pain. there is a 10mm bolt down low that is reachable through the wheel-well. Then I think there are two top bolts to remove.

The following video should be able to guide you through the process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_eLaZpqyDA

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

re-reading the post/thread title, I don't think I answered your question. You are obviously asking about the lens and not headlight removal from the truck, sorry about that.

3. Jaele

Jaele Rockstar 100 Posts

LOL its ok, I took it apart the other night to see what i was getting into. But yes im trying to remove the amber lens in the actual headlight

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Based on experience with the NBS headlights, I don't recommend the oven method. I've personally found it just makes the plastic warm and annoying to handle ... for what little it helps with the adhesive. Now a heat gun is a different story and I do use one of those while working the material in localized areas.