1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2011 Silverado - Swap factory non navigation, for factory navigation?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by tawd77, Apr 27, 2011.

1. tawd77

tawd77 New Member

I recently purchase a 2011 Silverado, with the basic CD player. It has onstar, integrated phone, xm, steeringwheel controls, etc.

Can I take my stereo out, and put in a factory stereo that has the full navigation.dvd screen? Will all the functions still work, and will my existing antenna work the navigation? If so, what years factory nav radios do I need to look for? 2007+, or maybe 2010+?

Thanks for the help!!
  2. montyss

montyss New Member

pm me if you are interested in a Factory Gm Nav , you will also need the nav antenna that goes under the dash for the gps signal and a vss/voice wire from ebay plus the map dvd, this is the blue light nav that i have for sale ,
  3. sotto66

sotto66 New Member

4. silveradouser

silveradouser New Member

Im looking for a similar thing. In addition to the onstar, bluetooth phone, xm, steeringwheel controls I also have the bose system installed. Can I replace with the GM nav head unit and will all of that still function?