Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2011 silverado tool box mount

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Amr5080, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Amr5080

Amr5080 New Member

I have a 2011 silverado 1500 short bed. I got a kobalt(maxe by better built) toolbox for it that is a little over 12"wide. I also got their grip rite (also made by better built) no drill mounting kit for it. The problem I'm having is, on the inside of the bed, about the front 10" of the bed is boxed in around the rail, and the mount will not work. Anyone else have this problem and come up with a solution without drilling? Thanks
  2. Amr5080

Amr5080 New Member

Anyone have any ideas?
  3. Amr5080

Amr5080 New Member

How has everyone else mounted theirs?
  4. Barnettamb

Barnettamb Member

I have an 07 and found that the easiest way was to just go ahead and drill. I drilled one hole on each side and put one bolt with two normal washers, one on each side, and two small rubber washers that go closest to the hole on each side. Its been pouring rain where i live and there is no leak at all. I know some people dont like to drill it but it really doesnt mess anything up and it for sure isnt coming off. When the company installed it they used one J bolt on each side and that was pitiful.....it slid to the back. When i drilled i just left those there and tightened them for extra support. Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are totally against drilling you can put a piece of rubber or something down right under the toolbox on each side and just use a couple of J bolts on each side...as long as they are tightened well they should work fine.
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have had toolbox's in all my trucks, and I always used the "J" bolts as mentioned above. I did have the odd occurance of over tightening the bolts, and actually bowed out my bed rails pretty bad.
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i just have j bolts holding my toolbox, hasnt shifted yet.

Alex
  7. Amr5080

Amr5080 New Member

J bolts won't work because of the bed rail being boxed in and the thinner toolbox.