2011 Silverado transmission

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Madmantrapper, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Madmantrapper

Madmantrapper New Member

I have a new silverado with a 5.3 engine and a 6 speed automatic trans. How do I know which trans this is? It has the towing package and cooling package. It is also snow plow preped.

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GM truck club Madman.
    Look on the window sticker you got & see if it lists the trans as an extra charge for speciality $$$ Then try asking the dealership you bought it from, or you can try plugging your vin & rpo code in here --> http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

The link may not be updated to your vehicle yet but it's worth a try. The site has some problems at times because it doesn't list my vin from my '88 Silverado so who knows???

3. Madmantrapper

Madmantrapper New Member

Thanks for the reply. I tryed using the vin number but all it does is give the engine not the trans. The sticker showed an ungrade to the 5.3 engine and a 6 speed automatic trans. It has a manual mode for the trans. I am wondering if it is Allison trans or not. It has a 9800 pound towing capacity.

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Stephan -- GREAT link!! Now I don't have to keep running back and forth to my glove box everytime I need to check to see which RPO codes I have.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Is that link still valid?

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Steve.....No the Link is no longer Valid.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011