1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2011 Silverado transmission

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Madmantrapper, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Madmantrapper

Madmantrapper New Member

I have a new silverado with a 5.3 engine and a 6 speed automatic trans. How do I know which trans this is? It has the towing package and cooling package. It is also snow plow preped.

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GM truck club Madman.
    Look on the window sticker you got & see if it lists the trans as an extra charge for speciality $$$ Then try asking the dealership you bought it from, or you can try plugging your vin & rpo code in here --> http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

The link may not be updated to your vehicle yet but it's worth a try. The site has some problems at times because it doesn't list my vin from my '88 Silverado so who knows???

3. Madmantrapper

Madmantrapper New Member

Thanks for the reply. I tryed using the vin number but all it does is give the engine not the trans. The sticker showed an ungrade to the 5.3 engine and a 6 speed automatic trans. It has a manual mode for the trans. I am wondering if it is Allison trans or not. It has a 9800 pound towing capacity.

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Stephan -- GREAT link!! Now I don't have to keep running back and forth to my glove box everytime I need to check to see which RPO codes I have.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Is that link still valid?

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Steve.....No the Link is no longer Valid.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011