2011 Silverado with oil pressure issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by blk04cobra1, Jul 22, 2011.

1. blk04cobra1

blk04cobra1 New Member

New to forum and had my silverado all of 3 weeks now and it's been in the shop for over a week. Long story short, let my family borrow it to tow the horse trailer down to a show in Charleston and get a call on the way that the oil pressure light is on and the pressure was at 0. Told them to press the Onstar button to see if they could help and they told them to keep going. Got the truck to the dealer down in Charleston (they've been pretty helpful and keeping me informed) and they said there was a service bulletin out about the oil sending units and pressure gauges. Anyways, local dealer had not heard of this bulletin, but replacing both seems to be the fix. Will find out on Monday as they are sending a driver to go get it. Anyone else had this problem?

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I know they've had probs with the sending units & the stepper motors for the guages, but hadn't heard about the guages themselves being an issue.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Sounds like everything will be O.K.!

4. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I am glad to see that you are working with your local dealership regarding your concern. Please feel free to keep us posted. You can contact me via private message as well. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Serivce.

5. WyattG

WyattG New Member

I just bought a 2011 Silverado 1500 LT Crew cab and the oil pressure shows between 35 and 39 psi at 70 mph. I am not sure if this reads correct. I have no oil pressure light on so far.

6. Starcast

Starcast New Member

Low Oil Pressure

GWyatt,

Seems very low to me, I have a 2011 Silverado 1500 with the 5.3 and it is the same way. I have only had it for 2 weeks. Anyone know what the oil pressure should be? It was much higher on my 2002 even after 165K miles.

I am new here so thanks for any help.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Hi Tricia,

What should the oil pressure be on a 2011 with a 5.3. (2 weeks old) At Idle and at 70mph?

7. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would be happy to look into what your correct oil pressure should be with your VIN. Please feel free to contact me via private message. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

8. WyattG

WyattG New Member

Sent you a PM Thanks

9. Starcast

Starcast New Member

I have no idea how to send you a private message.

10. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Starcast, click on Tricias user name GM Cust Serv. over to the left of her post. A box will drop down. Select option that says send message, click it & it will take you to the message page