1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2011 yukon navigation add

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by youkonizer, Jan 11, 2013.

1. youkonizer

youkonizer New Member

Hi im new here I live on Long Island NY , Im looing to install a nav system in my truck (2011 yukon ltz) and want to keep rear controls, usb ,on star etc. truck has no video but I want a factory nav with video and I want to add monitors as well, truck has bose , any idea whats involved here noticeed changes in 2010 nav unit and any part number that would work would be much appreciated Thanks John
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

**Moved to Audio, Video, and Gadget Tech**

Hi, john! First, welcome to GMTC. Glad to have you here. Regarding your Navigation question, if you want to go with a factory unit you will need the unit, an GPS antenna, and the mapping CD. I found this http://www.oemradios.com/parts.php
    You did not mention if you have the Rear entertainment center. I would call them and tell them what you want and what you currently have. They may be able to help. Even if they give you a part number, you can search the net for that number and possibly find it cheaper. Depending on what radio you currently have you may be able to just buy a Nav unlock cd and an antenna. Just a heads up: Make sure the radio you buy is unlocked. A dealer will charge between $100-$250 to unlock it. Make sure that it includes the nav CD. Make sure that it includes the antenna or at least the price is discounted if it does not.
  3. youkonizer

youkonizer New Member

Thanks so much it has rear entertainment as well , will check out link Thanks again John