2012-2014 Owners of Chevy Captiva: What usually your MPG?

Discussion in 'Chevy Captiva Sport Forum (Saturn Vue)' started by StarQ1, Feb 21, 2014.

1. StarQ1

StarQ1 New Member

I know it says 20 city/28 highway, but can some one tell me what is the real life MPG?

2. StarQ1

StarQ1 New Member

wow no one lol.....

3. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I have the v-6, and I get about 15 MPG city but I drive like an a**Hole.

4. Captiva13

Captiva13 New Member

I've averaged 21.4 since I bought it 2 months ago, but that includes usually letting it warm 5-10 minutes a couple of times a day.

5. Captiva13

Captiva13 New Member

Now I'm averaging right around 23 mpg.

6. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

You have the 4Cyl right?

7. stackrat

stackrat New Member

You drive like your parents. :rofl:

8. VRB32960

VRB32960 New Member

Hello, everyone - just joined up. We bought a 2014 Captiva Sport in February with about 10 grand on the clock after renting one on a vacation in FL. So far our mileage is 20-21 mpg, but we do a bunch of short hops every day. It rarely sees the highway. It hurts to pull up to a gas pump, especially after the Honda Civic Hybrid we traded, but we LOVE the Captiva so far!

9. Jcrew4

Jcrew4 New Member

Hi all.
    I'm brand new to the forum and this is my 1st post so be gentle!
    i just bought a Captiva LT with 14000 on the odometer. So far I am very pleased with it.
    i have been getting just about 25 mpg in mixed driving, which I think is very good. I had to go about 100 miles on the expressway the other day so I filled it up when I left and as soon as I got back so I could see what the highway mpg was. I got 28 mpg at about 72 mph and had the a/c on most of the way. I was a little disappointed in that because I thought I'd get over 30 based on the 25 I was getting in mixed driving. Not bad, but not great either.

10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Good stuff, keep the comments coming!