1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2012 2500HD, 500 miles and rust spots...

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 73AMC, Jul 6, 2012.

1. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Man you need to go straight to the dealer with this. You don't have to be a dick but let them know this is unacceptable and needs to to be fixed. You've paid to much money for this to be happening with less the 750 miles on your truck. I would be pissed and no this isn't normal so take it back. Hope it all works out keep us informed.
  2. 73AMC

73AMC New Member

Ill be stopping by after work then.
  3. 73AMC

73AMC New Member

I would have gone sooner but I just noticed these the other day and I haven't had time to stop by. What do you guys think they will say? I don't want to start a war with the dealer so I'm hoping that they see what is going on here and accept responsibility.
  4. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I honestly don't think they will try and fight you, they may play hard at first but if you play the 'when I come back to buy my next truck' card I'm sure they will be at your service. Unless your doing business at the worse rated Chevy in America then they will do something. As LTS stated, there Is no reason you should have these spots when it's that new. Hope everything works in your favor!
  5. 73AMC

73AMC New Member

OK. Ill report back tomorrow once I pay them a visit. I love the truck, but to see this so soon is a little disheartening. Especially since I bought a new vehicle so that I wouldnt have to be at the stealership all the time.
  6. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

I would go to the dealer and ask to speak to the general manager and the service manager at the same time. Chances are the service manager will be the most helpful. If no luck there, I would ask the general manager for his contact and number at GMC. The thought of a ticked off customer exposing their lack of customer service will likely get you anything you want and deserve. and if you have to, call GM directly and ask for their advice, tell them you are considering trading it in for a toyota and they will wig out, last thing GM wants is a customer dropping their brand
  7. 73AMC

73AMC New Member

Thanks for the advice guys. Ill go and speak with the SM tomorrow and If I don't get anywhere with him ill try the GM. I cant imagine them not wanting to help me here. The truck is to new for them to ignore an issue with it like this.
  8. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Great advice!
  9. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Is the dealer you bought it from a corporate owned dealer****? Or a home-town local dealer? I've had multiple run-ins with corporate (Lithia/All American) dealers about defects in the paint of a 2009 TX Edition I purchased brand new. It never got fixed properly and even came back from the body shop with what looked like the claw end of a hammer hit it and dented/took the paint off to the metal. Needless to say the brand new loaner they gave me ended up getting pretty messed up... so I got my revenge in the end as well as a fist fight with the lard-ridden body shop manager who lied directly to my face about it being there when it came in. All of this spurred from a simple windshield replacement because of there being a ripple in the laminate between the layers of glass and it coming back with paint missing above where the window goes. I got the truck back with a new piece of weatherstripping across the top (you can look at ANY NNBS truck and see that there is NO weatherstripping at the top of the window!!)

My personal experiences are just awful, so I wish you the best of luck in trying to get them to actually do something about it.

I will never buy from an All American/Lithia dealer EVER again and have also taken upwards of 300K$ of business from them by preventing people from buying there.

enough ranting. Good luck to ya bud!
  10. 73AMC

73AMC New Member

How do I know if its corporate owned? The fact that it has so little miles makes me think that they might help me. I could be wrong though. The dealer is a well known dealership from my area. Matter of fact all the big name chevy dealers in our area are getting a full face lift on on their buildings.