1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2012 Chevy Captiva : Coolant getting hotter than 210 when stopped at a light

Discussion in 'Chevy Captiva Sport Forum (Saturn Vue)' started by Camaro69car, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

I was stopped at a light for about an hour due to an accident on the road I was about to merge onto so while I was waiting for the go ahead from the officer, I started flipping through my Driver Information Center (DIC for short) and noticed my coolant was at 230 degrees, when I brought the engine up to about 1500 RPM the temp went back down to 175 degrees. Is this normal, or cause for concern???

By the way, I have a habit of finding vehicles "Weak points"
  2. Krull

Krull New Member

Recently seen my 2.4 captiva get up over 210 while waiting for some fast food. I think it topped out around 214, may have went higher if I had to sit longer.
  3. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

I'm just wondering if a relay Isn't kicking on or whatever, and I tested it today by letting my truck sit idling for a while and it stayed at around 180. I'm almost wondering if the issue is caused by remote starting the truck.