Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2012 Chevy Colorado 4x4 V8 New Owner Updates

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by JFFR, Jul 27, 2012.

1. JFFR

JFFR New Member

I almost have all the updates done to the new Colorado. The Rollbak bed cover is now installed along with the rear sway bar. The dealer log has been take off of the tailgate and although you can't see it, there is 3M clear mask on the lower rocker panels and fender flairs. The little 5.3 V8 seems to move this truck down the road very well.

[​IMG]
  2. JFFR

JFFR New Member

The same 2012 Colorado 4x4 side view. The front license plate bracket has been removed and the holes covered.

[​IMG]
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looking good man! what else do you have planned?

Alex
  4. JFFR

JFFR New Member

Thanks, I have the OEM bed extender kit to install and maybe some LED backup light bulbs. I was going to use a Diablosport Intune power tuner, but I might not now. I just tried an Edge CTS monitor because the Colorado doesn't have a mileage indicator or voltage and oil pressure guages. As it turns out, the Edge CTS won't work on a 2012 Colorado with a 5.3 V8. That is too bad, because it is a really neat little device. Now I have to deal with getting the vendor to take it back, which at this point they don't seem very happy about. My long range plans are to install a set of headers and a good exhaust system, but only to help out the gas mileage. This truck seems like it has more than enough power for me.
  5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It should have enough power it's got a5.3 in that lil truck. Great looking ride
  6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you with us. :glasses:
  7. JFFR

JFFR New Member

Thanks, the 5.3 V8 seems smooth and does move this truck. The 4:10 gears are a good match for the tire size. It also seems very good off the pavement and should work quite well for what I like to do. I won't be doing any crazy 4x4 stuff with this truck.
  8. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! Wow a 5.3 in a Colorado, I bet that thing moves down the road nicely.
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great:
  10. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Your truck is looking good. I've put aprox' 55,000 miles on mine and I've really enjoyed the V8. I kind of wish for some 3:73 Gears at times, but I still avg. around 118 mpg. Have fun!