Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2012 Chevy Equinox Review

Discussion in 'Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)' started by ChevyFan, Jun 19, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This is the official discussion thread for user reviews of the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox. Please feel free to post your own review and photos of your experience.
  2. GSPKurt

GSPKurt Rockstar

Our new Equinox is in transit to the dealer. I will post a review when we get it.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Right on, rock and roll with your bad self.
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Looking forward to the review as the wife and i plan on purchasing a 2012 Equinox next fall.
  5. GSPKurt

GSPKurt Rockstar

We have had it for a couple of weeks now, and I am very happy with it. We traded in a 2006 Cobalt, which I never liked. I am told this is based on the Cobalt platform, and I was skeptical. The engine we got is the 4 cylinder. It is head and shoulders better than the 4 cyl. in the Cobalt. It could be due to the 6 speed A/T, but it feels like it has noticeably more power, is much smoother and has somewhat better torque. We are getting ~25-27 mpg. I hope this improves, but I am not one to get max mpg. We got the basic LS model with NO options, but the standard list is very nice. It even has Bluetooth. The standard interior is very attractive and the seats are comfortable and supportive. The raise/lower feature is nice. My wife complains of a blind spot but I don't have that issue. The "blind spot" mirror inserts are useless and distracting. There are lots of storage cubbies, almost too many. The center console is deep enough for a laptop they say, but I would never carry a laptop on end in a vehicle, and it isn't all that big, so maybe a 15" will fit. I wish the rear seats folded flat. The stereo is excellent, the best stock stereo I have heard in a vehicle. It seems GM put active noise cancelling in the Equinox, which is very effective. I do wish Chevy would put the gas filler on the same side on all it's vehicles. It is very irritating to pull up to a pump and have the filler on the other side. :grrrrrr: I have put a bug shield and splash guards on it so far, more to come as budget allows. I wish it had an inside hatch release. I'll add more as I think of things or discover things, but so far, a very pleasant vehicle.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  6. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Congratulations on your purchase! I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your new Equinox. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  7. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Equinox..will definitely look at one next year as we will need a second vehicle again soon....might look at an off-lease vibe as well, just
    as it would tuck away in our little garage better !!??
  8. GSPKurt

GSPKurt Rockstar

Thank you, Tricia. We are die-hard Chevy lovers. This is our 8th new Chevy since 1998.
  9. dadsboy30188

dadsboy30188 New Member

I just leased a 2012 Equinox LT1 on November 30. So far, so good. I love the ride which is very controlled, no too soft and not too hard. Most of my trips are short in-city jaunts, but even so we are getting about 19 mpg so far. As stated by someone else, the stereo is about the nicest I've heard out of all my previous cars. The only minor glitch so far has been a very hard shift from a standing start although I am quite concerned about the horror stories I've read on the Edmund's forum regarding 2011 Equinox 4 cylinder engine/transmission issues apparently involving bad cam actuators, high oil use, loud noises upon start-up , and stalling.

I've so far been impressed with the fit and finish of the vehicle, and passengers have been very complimentary of the adjustable back seats. As an aside, we have a greyhound and this is the easiest back seat for her to enter of any other vehicle we've had! I'll post updates as my time with the SUV increases.
  10. GSPKurt

GSPKurt Rockstar

Addendum

An added observation- the sun visors are not wide enough to be useful when the sun is in certain positions. Our '98 Blazer had 2-way sun visors which could also extend to cover the open areas when needed. Why was this feature discontinued? It worked perfectly! Please bring that back!