1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2012 Election

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Lil_Red_Chevy, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts

Santa came early to GMTC! I for one am thrilled. Now the only think we have to worry about is will he go and read all the trash we talked while he was gone? Things could get a little rowdy. LOL
  2. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member 1000 Posts

i think we did more mud slinging at stephan than obama has done towards bush since hes been in office!!
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Well he's been back on since Friday night and he hasnt denied any connection between him and Miss Pelosi!!
  4. Dingo

Dingo New Member

Zombie Reagan, dreadful thought. Scary thing is he'd do a better job. Forgive my humor, may he rest in peace!
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  5. Lil_Red_Chevy

Lil_Red_Chevy New Member

good discussion
  6. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

I will get you a shovel as long as Reagan agrees to reverse the immigration mistake he made. Other than that I think he was the best president we had. But I will say Bill Clinton did somehow get us out of debt.
    So maybe Ron and Bill can help clean up the pond scum currently being leveled on the white house
  7. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Time to revitalize this thread! It's getting close! I have to say, as much as I don't believe Obama is a natural leader, he has my vote. Neither candidate is very strong but the on thing I have to stay true to is wanting the middle class to thrive, Romney is NOT for that unfortunately. Another part is, yes, I am in a union, Ryan is a union buster. The decline of our economy is in direct parallel to the decline of unions. I'm not saying all unions are good, I am saying a properly run union is the best thing for the middle class tradesmen. So many people misunderstand unions or have a bad taste in their mouth from what happened in Detroit :(.

Anyways let's hear those opinions!!
  8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

I am think the government needs to be smaller. With that said there is no need for unions in today's work place. With OSHA and the other gov't agencies that are there to protect the worker the union has out lived it's usefullness. I lived in the northeastern part of PA and was really awoken to the "issues" with unions. Many people who work in them in my experience abuse it. If a contractor was brought in to do work and they weren't a card carrying member of the union than many greivences (sp) were filed. The people that filed had no idea how to complete the job the contractor was called in to do but he saw a way to get money. That is one instance that I have personally seen. I have been in many a conversation with union members about this exact topic and have never had a person show me a positive to the union.
    Now onto the original topic. With the events of the last few days and finding out that Marines were in that area with out live ammo makes my blood boil. (Yes I know it is up to the ambasadors whether or not they carry live loads or not) With the anniversary of 9-11 the President should have made sure that the Embassies and Consulates were prepared. There are many things that I have seen the person that holds the office do or not do that I have seen enough of a body of work to say it is time for him to go.
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

If we want a political forum we can create one that's password protected, but I think these types of threads should be few and far between.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.