1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2012 fishing season

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by sgtsjj, May 25, 2012.

1. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

ok guys i know fishing has started up here and im sure it has through out the country. i know there are a lot of fishers on the site, let see what youve caught so far! i sadly havent been able to get out yet, but there is a big ole small mouth that lives under the dock at my cabin that i will get this year, good luck to everyone out there
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I really need to buy another camera but a list will do: (and yes I really do count them :lol:)
    Largemouth Bass - 216 to date
    Speckled Trout (aka Spotted Seatrout) - 43 to date
    Redfish - 73 to date
    Bream (panfish to the norhterners) - 31 to date
    Sacalait (crappie/panfish to the northerners) - 114 to date
    Catfish - 31
  3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I got this very nice Ahi Tuna steak at the grocer yesterday . Does that count?:neutral:
  4. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

dang riley thats a lot keep it up, and coach ill let it slide
  5. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Don't worry man, you're not alone. I haven't got out this season yet either :(

By next season I will hopefully have a boat and be able to go out on the Ohio river on the weekends. Really good bass out there and I even caught an alligator garr once. Ferocious.
  6. rileyjr16

Make that 217 bass to date. Caught one this morning in the bayou. Thats about it really
  7. Coach24

Pictures would be cool to see of your cathces. Whether it be small mouth, big mouth, sea bass, halibut, salmon,brookies,ling cod, etc.... show us yers
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

When you add up the costs for the boat, boat registration, trailer registration (if your state has it), poles, reels, tackle, bait, gas (for boat and truck to get the boat there), trolling motor, life preservers, paddle, and all other essentials for fishing from a boat -- how much did each of those bass cost you?

Just curious what the ROI (return on investment) is on a per-bass basis. Note I'm discounting your time even though you probably expect to earn a wage when giving your time to something; I figure you'll fish for free.
  9. rileyjr16

I don't even wanna think about cost per fish right now...Its my brothers boat and some of his rods but I pay for it when I take it out with gas.
  10. Coach24

the boat has gas? is that a bit embarrassing when fishing?:rofl:

For me, although not as fun, it is easier to give fish hooks to a friend and receive fish as a gesture of his thanks. 2 small mouth, 1 Kokanee and half a dozen rainbow trout