1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2012 GMC Sierra HD Pre Loaded With EGR @ The Dealership

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by EGRUSA, Jun 6, 2012.

1. EGRUSA

EGRUSA Member 100 Posts

So we just paid a visit to our local GMC Dealership in town. The were happy to inform us that they just sold one of their brand 2500HD's pre-loaded with a complete EGR Package.
    They installed our Rugged Fender Flares (pn#751714) In Channel Window Visors (pn#571701) and Superguard Hood Shield (pn#301711)
    What do you guys and ladies think?

[​IMG]
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looks good. i like those fender flares....

Alex
  3. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks good. I'm going to get some of those in-channel windoe visors.
  4. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

The In-channel visors are awesome. I will never get anything else. Fender flares are nice but Im curious what the black space is on the front fender flare towards the front. It doesnt look like a shadow from the sun using the mirror as a shadow reference. But I suppose it could be.
  5. LOVINTHESTORM

Man Phantom, I didn't notice that til just now. Kinda looks like a gap. Doesn't look like the fender flare matches the contour of the body on the quarter panel.
  6. EGRUSA

EGRUSA Member 100 Posts

The "void" you see is just a shadow.
    The fender flares conform to the shape of the vehicle and the "void" is in fact simply part of the plastic that was not exposed to the sale light as the rest of the image. Here is a front shot to see the shape a bit better.
    [​IMG]
  7. LOVINTHESTORM

Yeah I see that now. Sorry to doubt your product. I seems to conform perfectly. Guess shadows play tricks some time.
  8. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks good but I will admit those window visors suck. I installed them on my 2011 2500HD right when i bought the truck last Jan 2011. They looked amazing but after a few months the driver window one loosened up and seemed to fall out of the groove just a little but drove me nuts. Now my window won't close completely tight anymore and several trips to the dealer nothing determined to be wrong. I hear wind whistle in now. I did remove them, the driver door one is on the side of the road somewhere in central connecticut. Yes it came off while driving, I opened my window and took it off and flung it. Really wish they worked better because they do make the truck look better. The rear window ones fit perfect, the passenger one up front was also loose. Also need to roll the bottom edge a bit so rain doesn't fall in the truck, if a beaded edge or rolled edge the water would travel down to the front of the visor and less water in the truck.

I'm just giving honest feedback, as I said I do like them for looks just not for functionality
  9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is the first time that I have heard of that issue with the in channel. I have multiple friends that have had them on their trucks for years and never had an issue. I like the way the pictured truck looks.(I think that my truck is the same color) I think that if they had their body shop color match the flares then it would look a little nicer. That is just my opinion. I can't wait until my EGR flares arrive. After I get them painted and installed (will do a how-to-guide when installing) I will post pics.
  10. EGRUSA

EGRUSA Member 100 Posts

Sorry to hear one fell off. Email me your contact info to bena@egrusa.com and I will get out a replacement sent to you.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

No need to apologize, when I first saw the image I too was asking the same question. I guess that's why you don't send an engineer to take images :lol: