Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2012 Pickups With Best Fuel Economy Check it out...

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Enkeiavalanche, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

It looks like gas prices will continue to rise for the next several months, so here's a list of the most fuel-efficient pickup trucks sold in the U.S. for 2012, grouped by their combined fuel economy as determined by the U.S Department of Energy.
    Of course, you can find all sorts of global platforms that use smart and powerful four-cylinder turbo-diesel engines outside the U.S., but four our purposes we're sticking with those two- and four-wheel-drive pickup trucks sold in within our borders.
    The gas mileage numbers listed are the EPA's combined fuel economy numbers (average of city and highway driving). W have also listed the predicted annuel fuel cost for these vehicles based on 15,000 miles driven at a cost of $3.70 per gallon of fuel. Your exact fuel costs are likely to vary.
    In decending order of average combined miles per gallon, the results are as follows:

Rest of the info here

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/02/2012-pickups-with-best-mpgs.html
  2. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I did not see diesels on that list nor did I see 5.7 liter GM v-8.
  3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

The 5.3 non hybrid 4x4 is not listed either.
  4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I vote ford, and chevy put a turbo diesel 4cyl in their small trucks! with a 6spd manual.. think a 4wd Colorado with a 2L Diesel, putting out as much power as the current 5cyl, but getting 25-30mpg.. and a V-6 or I6 3 or 3.5L turbo diesel in the 1500.. getting similar milage.. I would gladly pay $4 a gallon for Diesel (what we are currently paying) for one of these models over a gas model now.. Since they cost of these trucks is astronomical already i cannot afford a new truck and a gas beater for work. (i commute 50plus miles a day). I dunno i know i wont be buying anything new for quite some time in the truck market until they do to be honest.
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Don't think the 5.7 is used any more in GM Pickup's

Also sse how Ford who's new ad says it gets 23 MPG is not there.. Sorry Ford STOP LYING to your customers.. JUst like you bumped up your pulling power the day the new Tundra's came out, Just like the day GM put there true HP and TQ numbers out they raised their numbers but NOT in the sales books.... LOL....
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012