1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2012 Silverado 3500 Winter Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by sandpiper97, Nov 19, 2013.

1. sandpiper97

sandpiper97 New Member

My truck came with Michelin LT265/70R18 all season tires but are not winter (mountain snowflake) rated. Started looking at some local dealers for a winter tire in that size and finding them hard to locate with load range E. Les Schwab recommended a different size (LT275/65R18) for $260 each. First question is what manufacturer makes a winter tire in my stock size with load range E? Second question: If I can't find a winter tire in my stock size, would the LT275/65R18 tires provide enough clearance in my wheel wells for turning without rubbing any components? With a wider winter tire, I can see a problem with retention of rocks in the treads and throwing them into the wheel well or worse. Last question: any brand recommendations for a tire in my stock size? Thanks for any input.
  2. Guardrail

Guardrail New Member

Those two tires are close to the same height. The second number in a tire size is a percentage of the first number, giving you the height of a tire. Multiply 265 by 70% and you get 185.5 millimeters. 275 X 65% (.65) is 178.75. A closer match would be a 285/65R18 which would be 185.25 mm tall.

Go to tirerack.com and plug in the size you want. You will see all the brands they offer.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...omSizeSearch=&width=265/&ratio=70&diameter=18

The Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 2 is a good tire. I run the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF-10 tires and get excellent mileage out of them. Tirerack doesn't carry them, but Amazon does.

Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 Off-Road Tire - 265/70R17 113T by Hankook http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QL68RI/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_8e6Isb101HY6F