2012 Silverado Alarm Going Off for No Reason

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by nickbtx, May 4, 2012.

1. nickbtx

nickbtx New Member

Hi everyone. New to the forum and tried to search for info on this, but came up empty-handed. I just got a new Silverado 1500 LTZ and have started having an issue where the alarm will go off after about 30 seconds for apparently no reason after I lock the truck. It didn't do this for the first 24 hours I had the truck, but in the past couple of days I have had the bed sprayed and the front end leveled. I wasn't sure if either of these could be a contributing factor, but I don't see how. If anyone has any insight into what could be causing this I would really appreciate it.

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Use the warranty and take it in make the dealership troubleshoot it

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The only things I can think of is a Ground wire coming off when they did one of those things.. But as said above Bring it back and let the dealer look..

4. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Do NNBS Truck factory alarms have level sensors?? I've never heard of it before, but just a thought. Also, maybe a door/hood switch triggering it?

5. nickbtx

nickbtx New Member

Mine does have a level sensor in the alarm. I have been manually disarming it when I set it and it has solved the problem, but I would prefer to not have to do it every time I get out.