GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

2012 Silverado blue tooth microphone

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by vtx1800sba, Feb 28, 2013.

1. vtx1800sba

vtx1800sba New Member

Guys I have a 2012 Silverado crew cab with the bluetooth set up. The cell phone I have is a Verizon Droid. Problem I am having is the microphone built into the blue tooth is crap. My friends and customers say my voice breaks up all the time. I am wondering if this is highway noise breaking in or what. Buddy of mine has the factory set up on his 150 and has no issues. Anybody else had this problem with their Sierra or Silverado? What did you do?
  2. stchman

stchman New Member

My 2013 Silverado has factory bluetooth and people say I sound OK.
  3. JeffsChevy

JeffsChevy New Member

I have a 2013 Chevy LTZ 2500HD....Mine works great......I would say take it and have it looked at the Dealer....
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

I have a 2011 Silverado C/C with blue tooth and I use a Droid 4, before that a Droid 2, never had a problem with either phone sound quality over the trucks system.
  5. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member

vtx1800sba,

Have you had this concern diagnosed at your local GM dealership?

Evan, GM Customer Service
  6. dean.murdock

dean.murdock New Member

I have a 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, the Bluetooth Microphone is crap in my truck as well, the dealership had an aftermarket radio installed before I bought the truck (I bought it new, it only had 20 miles). The Radio they installed was a Rosen radio. I have had nothing but problems with the Bluetooth microphone in the truck, and the one in the radio is ok. Any suggestions, the dealership has replaced the microphone and made it is worse.