Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2012 Silverado Issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Dinner, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Dinner

Dinner Rockstar

I've had my truck for almost 2 months now with about 4,600kms already and I have a few minor issues I wanna go over here before I go to the dealer and ask them.

First: Cruising down the road around 90-100km/h there's a rattling/tapping noise coming from the top of windshield. Mostly on the passenger side and a little bit on the driver side. It's very annoying.

Second: My upper glove box doesn't fit flush to the dash. I've heard all of them are like this but my dad's 2010 fits flush and so does my buddies 2008.

Third: The driver side door arm rest seems to be broken or loose. When I rest my elbow on it when I'm it makes a snapping noise and my elbow sinks in slightly. I haven't tried taking it apart to see what the issues is but I can push on it with my fingers and it does the same thing.

I plan on calling the dealer this week to schedule an appointment but I thought I would post it on here first to see if anyone has had the same issues.

Thanks, Kyle

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The noise on the windshield could be from wind traping under the side of the molding...Do you have a bug shield?

As for everything else Go back to the dealer and get it fixed for free...

3. Dinner

Dinner Rockstar

Ya, I have a Weathertech Easy-On Stone and Bug Deflector that I put on around 1,000kms.

The noise is coming from the top of the windshield.

4. Enkeiavalanche

yep Take it off.. (The bug shield that is ) And see if the noise stops.. Or take some Black tape and put it down the side of the molding 1/2 on molding 1/2 on the Glass...That will do the trick..

5. Dinner

Dinner Rockstar

The noise was apparent before the bug deflector. Just did some searching and there has been a problem with the weather stripping at the top of the windshield.

Some cases the windshield needs to be removed and have the weather stripping re-glued. Thanks for your help!!

6. Enkeiavalanche

you can have that done at the dealership.. But try the tape first to see if that works till you can get there..

7. Dinner

Dinner Rockstar

Ya I'll try that out! Thanks again!

8. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

On my 2000 silverado I had alot of wind noise at 60-70MPH. I taped the windshield gasket to glass all around. used masking tape . noise was gone . so I found a weather proof black tape of the proper size and taped this area. looks good and works. very quiet.

9. CanSkan

CanSkan New Member

Had same tapping or clicking noise around 100 Km/hr and dealer put double sided 3M tape under side windshield moldings and that cured it. :)