1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2012 silverado remote start

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by tonkarepo, Sep 18, 2012.

1. tonkarepo

tonkarepo New Member

Can anyone explain to me if my truck has AP8 and i have remotes and i have access to Tis can i program my own? And what is the procedure? Dealer says i need 250.00 kit including transmitter. but i have the remote start capable transmitter and two remotes. What am i paying for?

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

In the below Link.....Reply #12.....has All of the information, regarding your questions on the Factory Remote Start for your 2012" Silverado,

Link,
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...?highlight=Factory Remote start#axzz26q3xTlKM

3. tonkarepo

tonkarepo New Member

Yes i read that but i was asking specific instructions on how to program if i have tis to web and can program my own truck. And i have used module with remotes.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Programming of the Factory Remote Start Can Only Be Done By A G.M./Chevy Dealer, for the Following Reason,

The Factory Remote Start Kit includes Two Remote Fobs and an Unlock Authorization Security Code that's Included in the Starter Kit, that the Dealer needs when they call G.M.

5. tonkarepo

tonkarepo New Member

if i were to remove remote door lock module out of a wreck that has remote start can dealer program that one i have remotes as well. I have read that the authorization is retrieved from serial number on module. Is this true? I would love to use this used module rather then buy a new one.