1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2012 Sonic

Discussion in 'Chevy Compact Cars (Aveo & Cobalt)' started by Texas Kid, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Texas Kid

Texas Kid New Member

Hello all. I didn't see a place in the forum for the new Chevrolet "Sonic" - I bought a new Sonic LTZ Hatchback a month ago. I'm extremely pleased - great commuting car, handles like a Mercedez (better, actually - I've had one of those pieces of crap), very little room for any storage space. It's getting about 31 mpg in the city. I wish it had about two more feet of space behing the rear seat, but, well, you know what they say about wishing. I love the car.

I could use some suggestions about a trailer hitch or a rack on top. This car is not made for a trailer hitch - I've looked underneath and it appears that it would be impossible to install a "Draw-tight" style hitch (I only want one to carry a bike rack, don't intend to haul any sort of trailer). I'm pretty sure I will have to get a rack installed. Can anyone point me in the right direction where I might find a roof rack? I probably need to have it installed, too - I would be afraid to mess with something like that. I'm in the D/FW area. Thanks!
  2. Texas Kid

Texas Kid New Member

Never mind folks. Racks and hitches are all over the internet. Thanks anyway!