1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2013 Chevy Tahoe Review :: Drive on 85 MPH Toll Road in Texas

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by ChevyFan, Mar 13, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I took a little trip to San Antonio recently and thought it would be fun to take the trip in a rental 2013 Chevy Tahoe. Why not, I've got the kid all on the 2nd row (or one in the back if they want), I took out one of the seats and left it back home in the garage so we have room for the two suitcases, but there is still plenty of room.

Driving south out of DFW was a breeze, but once we hit Austin we were about to hit rush hour traffic so we opted for SR130 ... that's the new toll road in the middle of the state with a long stretch of 85 MPH open road. Yup, it's legal to drive 85 in Texas ... at least on that road.

I found the road to be very smooth and even in a moderately-heavy 2013 Chevy Tahoe, I had no problems handling the vehicle at speeds closer to 100 then they were to 50. I'll share more when I get a little bit more time to write-up the trip details on how the Tahoe did and upload some photos as well.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...-america-fastest-road-fun-gets-002957225.html

894581_10151480595794076_578271801_o.jpg
  2. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

waaaaaa! (need a crying smiley charracter) I wish PA had something like that. I remember on the bus to Air Force field training at Maxwell AFB, I saw a speed limit for 75mph and I was so jealous!
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

yeah, it was pretty sweet. nice smooth road as well, no bumps or junk on the shoulders even.
  4. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

There is such a thing as a smooth, clean roadway?? Definitely not Pennsylvania
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

YAHHHHH Baby!!!!!!![​IMG] What??? No Video?????