2013 Copo Camaro Build on "Fast & Loud"

Discussion in 'Chevy Camaro Forum' started by Pikey, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Did anyone see the fast and loud episode last night? The guys from gas monkey garage in Texas found a guy that had a ticket for the opportunity to buy and build a 2013 copo camaro. Richard bought the ticket from him for $10,000. Then he came to Wixon, Mi and hand built the 427 motor that went into the car. It ended up with a 427 motor and a 2 speed trans. It does not come with a VIN so it can not be registered for use on the road. They actually let him and his buddy do a lot of work to the car. It was pretty cool watching them build 1 of 69 cars.

They now have a website up where they are selling 20 Body-in-white- Copo Camaros for $85,000 each!! Last night I think that they were listed at $80,000 each. Better hurry, only six Left!!!! This does not include the motor and trans. I think that Richard said that the one he built was $98,000, with the motor and trans. (not including the $10,000 he spent on the ticket) I found that they sold the Camaro at barrett Jackson for $137,500.

Here is the site: http://www.2013copocamaro.com/

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'll take 2......:gasp: when I hit the Lottery...

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Those things are sick in a straight line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

4. Pikey

Heck yea they are! They said that it is the fastest camaro GM has ever made, under 9 seconds in 1/4 mile.

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Id rather have the softop COPO Camero they had in the museum.
    Fast & Loud would more entertaining if they found a way to silence Richards voice, especially his "whooo".
    Ive met him about 10 times in person and he's just as annoying.

6. Pikey

I agree. He is very annoying. Would I let him buy me beer? yes! I may only have one though and leave if he is as annoying in real life as he is on the show

7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yep then you'd only be drinking one.
    The second time I met him was at a local Bike shop/Bar & Grill (Rick Fealess shop in Dallas) for a Discovery channel meet & greet mixer to advertise his show, I was leaving after my first beer and a friend aked me why?
    Gonna take more than beer to keep me around this annoying clown!