1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2013 Curiosity Question ~ Power Folding Mirrors

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nickgiacalone, Mar 24, 2013.

1. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

I am 99% sure that within the week I will be purchasing a 2013 Silverado 4x4 LT Ext. Cab Standard Box. Z71, Z71 Appearance Package, Convenience Package, All-Start Edition.

For the life of me I cannot find anywhere if this truck comes with the power folding mirrors. I have them on my current truck and use them daily. Obviously, it isn't a deal breaker or anything I'd just really like to know if they will be on there or not. I guess I'll know tomorrow when I go see the truck in person and get a trade in low ball (LOL), I mean price, on mine.

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

If it doesn't have them tell them it is a deal breaker if they don't add them at their expense.

3. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

If you now use the folding mirrors all the time , then you want the folding mirrors on the new vehicle. contact the salesperson and get them moving to answer your concerns .

4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

ltz should have them, and i think you can get a lt optioned to have them.

Alex

5. nickgiacalone

It's an LT, I'm headed to the dealer now to check it out and see how bad they are going to try and screw me on my trade in. Thanks guys.

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just talk with them, they will have them in their parts department and will just bill it out as a cost of doing business. Of course you might be asked for pay for them, but they might have enough wiggle room you'll never know it. You've got to keep in mind that a dealer selling a new vehicle today doesn't make even 30% of the profit that they used to! They prices that are listed for MSRP are checked by the manufacturers and they don't want dealers jacking up the prices like they did 10/20 years ago.

However, with the mirrors, it's a different story (somewhat) ... at some point, they'll get a wrecked truck into their body shop that needs a new mirror and they'll just take the one that they took off your truck and will install it and bill their insurance company ...

7. nickgiacalone

Truck has power folding mirrors. I must say there is still a few "real" salesmen who will fight for you. They took my truck for appraisal and the used car manager offered $18,000, which I wasn't surprised to hear that low of an offer. My salesman called over to the used car manager and got them to come up to $20k. Could I get more on a trade in with more haggling? Yes. Could I have gotten a lot more selling it myself? Yes. But, with the couple "freebies" the dealer is throwing in, I am satisfied with the transaction. I am buying a truck that has a MSRP of $40,020 for $28,151 after the GMS price and rebates.

Pics to come Wednesday!! :great::glasses:

8. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Sorry to break it to you, but the LT does not have power folding mirrors available. Power folding mirrors are standard on the LTZ. There might be aftermarket power folders, but not GM for the LT.

9. nickgiacalone

Well then it is either an option or the dealer is installing them because my current LT and new LT both have power folding mirrors.

10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We just bought a new vehicle. What I found to work was to get the best price for the vehicle we wanted. Then I called around and took our trade in to a few dealers. We were getting differences in trade in values by $4000. When we found the dealer that would give us the highest trade in amount I went to them with the info and price for the vehicle I wanted. I even had the vin from the other dealer's print out. Itold them that I wanted them to match the price and that I wanted that exact vehicle. If they could find another one exactly the same, then great, if not then I said get it from the other dealer. They did it and gave us a maintenance package that the other dealer was not offering! So, we ended up getting $4000 more on our trade in and the best price we could on the new vehicle. I see that you live in SE Michigan also. In some areas it seems like there is a Chevy dealer on every other corner, so doing this may not be all that time consuming for you. If you happen to be near Warren and the Tech center, stop into a Fast food place and pick up a Tech Center News paper. There are some really good deals in there that the area dealers do not put in the Free Press or Detroit news papers. The dealers in the Warren area, especially near the Tech center, cater to GM employees and people getting GMS pricing you might be surprised the difference in price going to one of them. Also, I have some family members that work in sales in some GM dealers in SE Michigan, some of them are major scam artists and I would stay clear of one certain group of dealerships owned by a certain family. My family works for the group and they told me that they would not "let" me buy a car from them because they know that I would get screwed with either the trade or purchase. PM me I will tell you the group name.