1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2013 Driver's Side Door Hard To Shut

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by murreywalker, Sep 8, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. murreywalker

murreywalker New Member

What is the adjustment procedure for a new door (5500 miles) adjustment?

It will not close with a normal pull like all the other doors.
  2. BRB46

BRB46 Member 100 Posts

I would say being a brand new truck, the dealer should handle that. Should be covered under your warranty.
  3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

X's 2 on the warranty thing
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Fix nothing in the first 5500 miles, you paid a big price (built into the retail price) for a warranty. Use it.
  5. unsub

unsub New Member

They definitely don't make the newer ones as good as the old ones. If you are original owner or the tenth it doesn't matter, you are under full bumper to bumper warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles, full powertrain for 5 years or 100,000 miles and full rust coverage for 6 years or 100,000 miles. Your Sub is saying "take me to your dealer".
  6. murreywalker

murreywalker New Member

I wish I had the confidence you guys have in the dealer's ability to adjust the door.

I'm concerned they'll only make it worse.
  7. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They should have a body shop. That's a very common adjustment for someone in a quality shop.
  8. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

GM gives you a 3 year 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Take it in and say "fix the door".
  9. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

murreywalker,

I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I am happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  10. murreywalker

murreywalker New Member

Well Jennifer, I took the vehicle in for an oil change, and was told to wait for any adjustment to the door problem. Their explanation was, with only 8200 miles, the door seals hadn't time to settle. They were concerned any premature adjustment would cause air wind noise.

As a 71 year old phart, somehow I got the sense that something was pulling my leg. ;-)