Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2013 GMC 2500HD Rubbing sound around 1800 RPM

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by WhiteTiger66, Nov 10, 2013.

1. WhiteTiger66

WhiteTiger66 New Member

Hi all, I have a 2013 2500HD gasoline 6 speed tranny. No mods. It makes a rubbing sound at around 1800 RPMs and you feel a vibration in the steering wheel and gas pedal. Dealer checked and found that another one on the lot did the same thing. I checked it and saw fro myself that it did. They called GM, GM says its normal. There doesnt appear to be any failure or performance degradation, it's just very annoying. Also it was much less noticeable during the warmer weather and has gotten much worse as it got colder. Anyone else have the same issue or hear of anyone with this issue. Again GM says normal, I say how can that be?
    Thanks in advance for any info provided....

2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

WhiteTiger66,

I am truly sorry to learn that you are experiencing a vehicle issue and that your preferred dealership is involved. I cannot guarantee any thing but I would like to look into this concern for you. Could you private message me referencing this thread including your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership?

Best regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

3. WhiteTiger66

WhiteTiger66 New Member

Hi Jennifer,
    Thanks for reaching out to me. I sent you a message but I am not sure it is sending. Hopefully so, If you haven't received it let me know. Again thanks for any help you can provide.

4. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hello,

I do apologize in my delay in responding. Yes, I have received your private message. I am looking into your concern and will be privately messaging you shortly with a response.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care