2013 GMTC Calendar ~ Please Read!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Sep 12, 2012.

Newest Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

We're starting to design a 2013 GMTC Calendar and we need to talk about a few things.

1. Should we have ROTM winners featured or allow any member to submit a photo?
    2. What size should we make it? If we go to a "digital size", the cost will come down a lot as we can get them printed in smaller batches.
    3. Please know that I will NOT be shipping these, a professional printing & shipping company will handle it all.
    4. 12 months or 16 month calendar?
    5. Would you buy one? We're thinking they're going to cost something like $14.99 for members.
  2. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'd be interested in that. My old truck was in the 2011 Calendar one of the other truck forums did, but the way they ran their setup was crap and I paid for my copy but never got it. I haven't gone back there since, other than to bring that up during their 2012 calendar prep.

Anyway, I know Steve always seems to get things done the right way, and this seems to be on the right track. I'd feature the ROTM vehicles for each month and then maybe allow people to submit photos to have a couple of smaller ones on each month.

I'd go 12 months because I find the extra 4 months get less focus.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

1. I feel that any member should be able to submit a photo.
    2. I feel that the standard hanging wall calendar size that has 12"x12" pages (including both image and calendar) is appropriate; I could see these hanging in shops...
    3. We know you're a professional, yourself, but we appreciate the use of a professional printing & shipping company.
    4. I feel that the standard 12 month calendar is appropriate.
    5. I would buy one at $14.99 if I liked the content within it (I'd need to see a preview, online) and if that price included the cost of shipping.

I feel this idea has a lot of merit.
  4. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I also like that this thread currently has 1 member and 9 guests viewing it. It seems like having a calendar could potentially bring some new members to the site.
  5. the phantom

the phantom New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

1. Not to sound selfish but I would buy a calender, if my truck was in it.:sign0020:
    2. Possibly a larger picture of the ROTM truck and active member submitted smaller photos surrounding it.
    3. How would we determine which ROTM trucks to use? (each month in 2012 winners or a member vote for each month including previous years as long as they are still active members?)
    4. I also feel a 12 month standard calender is appropriate.
    5. I feel $14.99 if shipping is included is a fair price for the calender
    6. As Surreal noted, an online preview before purchase would also be nice.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Good input guys, keep it coming. I'm making changes to the site, to the back-end and to programs that will support the site.

Good input. I'm actually semi-talented in a bunch of areas, but handling day-to-day processes is NOT one of them. I still owe at least one (and maybe two) people their GMTC stickers and I'm remiss in remembering to bring them along with me when I go to to work and pass by the post office!

That does increase the price, but I'm not thinking we'll sell more than 500 so the goal is to keep the price down so more people will buy them.
  7. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos New Member 100 Posts

I love the ideas being thrown around so far, price seems fair, and I'd agree with Surreal about calendar size. My idea would be to use the ROTM trucks for the main picture and the runners up as smaller insets. The only issue with using the ROTM trucks would be the deadline needed for the next year's calendar. If it's needed earlier the previous year, I'd say go with the open submission idea to get the photo's in (maybe have a similar ROTM voting system for members to decide on the featured trucks?). Maybe also include a photo of the owner? That's all my two cents!
  8. VisaliaIPA

VisaliaIPA New Member

Price seems fair to me and I would opt for a 12-month calendar. ANd I agree that having your own truck in it would be cool but also understand that having alot of pics might be counter-productive. But, I do like the idea and would love to see mine in it.....:):lol:
  9. dpeter

dpeter New Member 100 Posts

I like the ROTM and would like the pics of the competition included. ROTM would of course be most prominent. Maybe theme based, OBS, NBS, NNBS for different trucks ... Chevy,GMC, truck and SUV. Maybe include some trivia.
  10. the phantom

the phantom New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Kind of like this idea, Maybe different statistics of the featured vehicles
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.