1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2013 GMTC Calendar ~ Please Read!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member ROTM Winner

If everyone would like I could take a stab at one... Keep mind thought I am not an expert with this and.everyone my not get everything they want. However, the one I put together could be free electronically to everyone. Let me know... If you want me to do it I'll need to get everyone's high quality picks right away.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

On a revenue-generating calendar the person who does the work to make it happen should probably be compensated (as it -IS- work). To be fair, this should not just be a gift card or other one-off, flat-rate payment, but rather, the compensation should be on a per-calendar-sold basis.

Steve would have been that guy, as he's already compensated via advertising revenues for the site. Since you're looking for someone other than him to do it, perhaps what that person would be compensated (and when) should first be discussed?
  3. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

I think that starts to get into the area of a person who is interested in doing it should see what their costs to do it are, and then set a price based on that. I don't know how much it costs to make a calendar, but lets say for example the calendar and shipping costs are a total of $12. If they sell for $15, and 50 of them sell, then whoever is doing it will make $150. It all depends on who can get it done for what price, and how much they would want to make on it. Or if someone is willing to volunteer their time like TimTom64b, then that is great as well. With an electronic format for free, each person who gets it could use it electronically or have it printed in whatever format they prefer.

Anyway, I guess my view of bottom line on compensation is that it's kind of a per-person thing and would have to be decided by whoever the person is that would be doing it, and agreed upon by the rest of us.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I have gone over thus with a printer,.but you are right that we need vehicles.

If anyone wants to help with this, please PM me on here.
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

i figure we grab 20 or so pics from peoples albums and vote on em, and either use those or have that user upload a new one. try to get some high res pics as well.

ALex
  6. ChevyFan

To print a calendar we are going to need much higher resolution photos than are uploaded in this site.

I'd like to get a couple of volunteers who want to help on this, please pm me if interested.
  7. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

great idea....what about having the Last Page of a 12-month Calendar having
    the years' previous ROTM Winners.!!

Brian from Canada
  8. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member ROTM Winner

There are several photo calendar programs that can make it pretty simple to assemble... the bigger issue will be getting all of the content together and everyone settling on the final product. Do not want to make it to big of a monster... or it will never get done. I am thinking the first step is we need a place for everone to post their high res pics... Anyone have any ideas? i myself am willing to help out as much as I can.
  9. ChevyFan

Ok, I need a volunteer to work with me directly and help to head this up. I've got an idea for how it should work, so if someone wants to help gather up the photos and work with me on the layout and all that, then send me a PM and we'll get to work.

I'm going to freeze this thread now because I just need to get a small group of volunteers to help on this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.