Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Baseball 2013 MLB Baseball Season!

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by ChevyFan, Apr 2, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Who's pumped for the 2013 MLB Baseball season?

Lots of changes in the offseason, for those of us in Texas the Houston Astros are now in the American League ... and they beat the Rangers on opening day in Houston, how about that? Looks like the Angels have done a lot of team-building for the here-and-now, they'll be a team to watch as the season progresses as well.

Screen-Shot-2013-03-29-at-5.49.35-PM.jpg

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I love my Tribe, I don't watch most games. I just don't have time for that. I go probably go to about 10-15 games a year. It is expensive though. I wait till the 2 inning starts and get good deals from the scalpers for half the price of the ticket.

3. ron8879

ron8879 New Member

I dont attend many games but Im St Louis through and through.....GO CARDS!

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Can I offer a suggestion. This might sound like a commercial, but I'm just a big fan actually.

Try using www.stubhub.com. I know it's a corporate-type thing (I think they're owned by eBay) and they charge a lot of fees ... but you can often get tickets last-minute (they stop selling 60-minutes before the gametime starts) and most all of them can be printed so you never have to meet and exchange money with the people who've got the tickets.

For example, on the last game last season, it was the Wildcard game between the Rangers and the Orioles. I ended up getting two tickets about 2-hours before the game started on the first-level around the section (I can't remember exactly) listed in the photo ... for something like $80/each. So for about $170 total me and my boy were able to go to the game ... in really good seats for way less than even the face value.

Texas Rangers Tickets on StubHub .jpg

- - - Updated - - -

PLUS, if you've never been to one of these sites, you can see what the view of your seat looks like. Stubhub has their own (maybe they license the data from somewhere)? You can check out aviewfrommyseat.com/ as well, they're pretty cool sites ... plus www.rateyourseats.com. Anyhow, my point to show you all of this stuff is that because of technology, you can make MUCH better and more informed buying decisions and you know what you're getting before you step into the venue.

I just looked up the history in StubHub to show you what our seats looked like for the last game we went to. Considering this was the Wildcard game, two seats cost $181 total.

Lower Infield 29
    Row: 32
    Seats: 10,11

Here's a photo from www.rateyourseats.com.
    rangers-ballpark-in-arlington-mlb-29-800x600.jpg

Another Update - Looks like Stubhub now includes all fees in the price that you see when you buy them. Ok, you're still paying the fees, but at least you know the final fee that you pay. mlb_pricing_event_2013_310.png

5. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I like that. I will check that out. Thanks

6. ChevyFan

I can pretty much tell you that you'll be able to find tickets on the day-of for less than $10/each. Those are usually bought by big groups and they have extras so they sell them on there, or they're season ticket holders who only want to go to either the weekend games or to see the big-name teams, or at the beginning and end of the season. Yes, those are nose-bleed seats ... BUT, I've been able to score lower box seats for as little as $20/each or lower-infield for as little as like $25-40 each.