1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2013 New Years Resolutions

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Dec 26, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

New-Years-Desktop-Pictures-2013.jpg 2012 New Years Resolutions
    We do this every year on the site and most years I say the same things. This year is different as I've gotten a lot closer to hitting goals for 2012 than I have in the past few years. So, if you want to join in then just let us all know what types of resolutions you plan on making for 2013.

My list is pretty much as it has been in the past:

Health goals, get in shape at the gym.
    I actually did very well on this in 2012, the wife and I got in shape until we both had some nagging injuries after we took ourselves out of the gym and into the streets to jog on pavement. Not gonna do that again.

Debt & Employment. Not going to make too much of this, just going to keep working side web design jobs and help pay down my debt levels over the year. I've made some big dents in the past years on this, don't want to lose control of it again. Because I spent so much time last year getting organized, I'm not really having to focus on that this year ... and it's helped me to stay focused on paying off my debt.

GMTC Projects. I've got a bunch of plans to enhance the experience on GMTC and I'm working on a schedule that I need to get down on paper so that I don't lose track of time again. Better mobile site, an updated theme, better controls on the user profile, etc.

Spending Time in the Outdoors. We're going to look at getting a trailer this year and take at least one or two trips out camping and fishing. I'll be looking by late spring or early summer if everything else in life stays normal.

That's about it for me. Who's next???
  2. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

guess I'll follow Steve's Format :
    HEALTH----want to try to lose 10-15 lbs
    DEBT & EMPLOYMENT----job is pretty secure, and we are very
    lucky as we have no debt (just whatever I use my
    Debit Card 4 to buy stuff for the Crew Cab(
    GMTC(website)--try to participate in showing more photos--this
    means I have to learn how to use th camera and
    learn how to load/uplpoad proprely.
    Spending Time in the Outdoors---we already do a little camping
    so maybe we can get out more---would like to get
    back to a little off-road moutain biking.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL .............Brian :whip:
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

I resolve to finish my on board air (engine driven compressor) project in 2013. This project has been moving very slowly in 2012 because it is the most complicated mod I've undetaken and because it covers a number of disciplines -- including but not limited to electrical, plumbing for compressed gasses, metal fabication, and vehicular modification. It's stretched my skillset, and there are some items I flat-out can't do, myself, since I lack the tools and they are too infrequently used and too pricey to justify an investment on that level. I'll push past the hurdles and get it done in 2013.

I resolve to make tool investments in 2013.
    I've had a hodgepodge of tools all my life, largely because my family likes to go to auctions and tools are cheap at those. This means I might have three 14mm 3/8" drive sockets but no 11mm 3/8" drive sockets. It also means I've spent next to nothing on tools. That was fine, in the past, but I work with them so often, now, that I want complete sets of decent tools. I'm definitely going to go the air tool route. I have no intent to become a tool snob, but I do intend to begin acquiring tools that will last a lifetime ... and to that end I'll purchase at least one major (or several minor) tools each month in 2013.

I resolve to redouble my efforts to find acreage and/or a country home. I have an apartment in the city because when I returned to NC I needed to live near the office. Since then my job has changed such that I can work remotely 70% of the time, I travel 25% of the time, and I need to be in the local office 5% of the time. I hate the congestion of the city and have been looking for a large chunk of land for a bit more than 20 months. I need to step it up and if I can't find the acreage I want (in the area where I want it), then perhaps I need to change the game plan and get a small, inexpensive home to a) buy myself more time to look for acreage and b) stop paying rent in a place I don't like living. Either way, I need to look more than I do (which is already VERY often, as in online, daily ... and in person every 2-3 weeks).
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

I'm going to quit dipping. And start working out again

Need to get going on finding a good front lift kit or make it

Ill be starting work for the family business and need to focus on that
  5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

I need to save up for my new tires and tranny mods. Also need a better job and to get my small buisness off the ground before I head off to college. Also need to get the old girl running great again because shes gonna get alot of miles on her going to campus and back home.
  6. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

Well i need to start working on my 53 chevy, and i need to drop my front end on my Yukon to see if a rod bearing is the reason why it is ticking when it gets up to 2500 and has low oil pressure when its warm. Need to look for a college car so i can get better gas mileage going to college. Also need to try not to hit any deer or get pulled over. Thats about it.
  7. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Health: lose about 50lbs and drop a couple of waist sizes.
    Financial: finish paying off debt, get my own place, buy new car.
    Truck: new step-side bed, LED tail lights, billet grille, e-fan swap
    Lifestyle: go out more, be more adventurous and get a girlfriend. No particular order; hopefully one will lead to the other.

Exactly two years ago I finally graduated college. Just last month I got an awesome job that pays me what I figured I would be making at my age (just turned 30). With those two majors hurdles out of the way, I can get on to the finer things in life. I think 2013 will be my best year yet.
  8. Every New Year I ask the Lord to help me be a little bit more understanding, humble, patient, giving and a better man.

Other wise, start looking for some land to build a house on/ rent a house, continue saving for retirement, and try to travel more.
  9. Kady

Kady New Member

My 2013 New Year's Resolutions:

Stop eating so much junk. My boyfriend and I are big time foodies... And sometimes over-indulge. So I'm going to change that. I love to cook, so I'm going to do even more than I already do, but make sure its healthier.

Get to the gym more often, so I can still have some of those nights. lol

Put away some money to go toward buying my grandmothers house.

Lastly, I really need to start getting the ball moving for my own business. Getting prepared with licensing, and permits. Getting my recipes, menus, pricing, and formulas down to a T. Preparing to build my kitchen. etc.
  10. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

For me, weight loss is a constant thing.... so that will never change. I will probably change jobs sometime in 2013, sooner than later by my choice.

I am also looking at "new" used silverado's and potentially if I want to go new a 2014 crew with the 6.6ft medium bed to add in addition to the truck I have now and to garage my current truck indefinately for a "potential" restoration later on when it becomes more appropriate to do that.

I am also starting to look for properties without a home on it so can plan a home that I design with a full service 4 bay detached garage for working on my truck (s) with lift so I can get under the truck easier.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012