2013 Silverado Concept??

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by vncj96, Mar 16, 2010.

1. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
  2. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'll be keeping mine! I sure hope chevy doesn't F up the silverado cause if that 2013 concept is anything close to being accurate i'll be sooooooooo bummed!:grrrrrr::grrrrrr::grrrrrr::grrrrrr:
    Thumbs down!!!

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

X2...On Thumbs Down and on keeping mine truck,On both the Silverado & Sierra 2013 Concept Trucks......Both of these trucks are just Ugly Period..........Thank God they are just Concept's......

4. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider Rockstar

What the hell is gm thinking...

5. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Looking like a ford...

6. Big_Ben

Big_Ben Rockstar 100 Posts

I think the ZR2 is a step in the right direction... THIS is two steps backwards... People buy GM trucks for dependability, their reputation for durability, and loyalty. You can bet your ass if they didn't waste money on a completely "mind-blowing" new design, and just beefed up the look of the current model, and used the money they'd save from designing ANOTHER new body style for things like tougher suspension, trucks coming with lifts (ZR2 idea) which would be warrantied, solid engines and transmissions, hell even better paint quality - people, especially ones who know trucks, will upgrade.

If it's new customers they're looking for, how about asking what the previous customer base THINKS for a change? Throw out 2-3 possible designs and let us pick! Hell even if they just allowed fully customizeable options (i.e. offer freedom to mix and match things a little like chrome door handles and tailgate handle WITH the Z71 package instead of having them painted the colour of vehicle)

That being said, IMHO, the GMC concept does not look TOO too bad, just keep in mind it's a drawing and an airbrush one at that. It's more of a cartoon cariacture rather than a photo.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  7. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i am still on the fence with this concept, I like the Cheyenne Concept from a few years back, and I really think they should bring the ZR2 concept to life. But I keep wondering if the 1/2 ton trucks will continue with a body on frame design. there is alot of rumors about the escalade going to a crossover type (bigger then current lambdas) and wonder if this is that start of things to come.

8. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

exactly what I was thinking. Immediately when I saw it I thought it looked like a new F150. Not saying its too bad tho.

9. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

I really like it. I love being different, lol.

10. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

U.G.L.Y, you aint got no aliby...lol, it looks like a smashed down f150, not cool. i'll keep mine