2013 Silverado Performance programmers

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TJ9924, Apr 9, 2013.

1. TJ9924

TJ9924 New Member

I am looking into some different performance programmers for my 2013 Silverado with a 5.3. There are few options out there so I would like to get some feedback from anyone that has tried them.

2. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Hypertech Max Energy 32501
    Diablo TRINITY T1000
    Diablo INTUNE I1000

There are probably others.

3. TJ9924

TJ9924 New Member

Thanks stchman, but I was looking more for what you have tried and like… maybe some cool features:
    Are you happy with your Hypertech Max Energy Tune?
    Does it remove the speed limiter?
    Did you notice increased power, gas mileage?
    Does it change transmission shift firmness or points?

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have an Edge CST Evolution in my 05' 2500HD, and I love it my only complaint is the screen is too small. I also have there backup camera option hooked up to it as well, It has several power levels you can choose from. stock, towing, racing, transmission only. I paid $199.00 for it at the Carlisle Truck Nationals, I think it's normally like $300.00. My favorite level is the transmission only, I have no complaints about my 6.0, all this tuner does is make the transmission shift real crisp.

It is also a live monitor, over 80 parameters you can visually watch the gauges. This IMO is the most valuable feature of any tuner, they all basically use the same canned tune so go for what other features it offers as well.

5. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

The Hypertech Max Energy does the following:

Code:
    1-2 Shift Point -500 to +500 RPM
        Shift Firmness 25%, 50%, 75%, & 100%
        2-3 Shift Point -500 to +500 RPM
        3-4 Shift Point -500 to +500 RPM
        4-5 Shift Point -500 to +500 RPM
        5-6 Shift Point -500 to +500 RPM
        Speedometer\Odometer Correction For Tire Sizes 24-54 inches 1/4 inch increments
        Speedometer\Odometer Correction For Gears 2.56, 2.73, 3.08, 3.23, 3.42, 3.73, 4.10, 4.56, 4.88 & 5.13
        Top Speed Limiter 25 - 75 MPH in 5 MPH increments, 81 to 255 MPH to match speed rated tires
        Rev Limit -/+ 500 RPM (5500-6500)
        Disable Active Fuel Management System
        Return Back To Stock
        DTCs Read and Clear
        Internet Updateable 

I am not using the power programmer portion of the max energy as my fuel economy went down by almost 1MPG. I could feel a definite power improvement, but I am more concerned with fuel economy.

I am only using the top speed limiter as I think 90MPH stock top speed is ridiculous.

Hypertech did release new firmware for the 32501, so I may try the power programmer portion again.

FYI, I paid $300 for the 32501 new off ebay.

6. TJ9924

TJ9924 New Member

Thanks stchman, that’s very helpful.
    Nice truck! A friend/co-worker of mine got the same crew cab White Diamond truck the same day I got mine. The only difference is that his is the LT @ 4x4.
    I’ve heard the Edge is a good one to, but the only feedback I have is from a Ford F150 owner. Has anyone tried this one on a new Chevy?

7. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Just to add another perspective, I have the Diablo Trinity programmer and custom Lew (@06MonteSS) tune. Trinity is similar in features to the Edge programmer, but I have noticed it's also more expensive. You'll be lucky to find the Trinity for under $500 outside of e-bay or private sale. With that in mind, I have had no complaints about my Trinity. I was able to remove the factory speed limiter, the tuner did come with a canned eco tune (which I only use on long trips in the truck. With the custom tune, I have a nice balance of performance and economy), and I was able to choose between firm and hard shift points. There are a LOT of options for tweaking your trucks performance. I've tried playing with some settings, but found that in my case it was best left to professionals (Lew)!
    Hope that helps, whatever tuner you decide upon there is also a wide variety of places to look for a custom program (highly recommended if you've modified your vehicle's performance! I.E. exhaust and intake, etc...). Another company I've heard good things from is blackbear performance. Good luck!