2013 Silverado Remote Programming.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Oct 31, 2012.

1. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Hello all,

This is my first post. I recently bought a 2013 Silverado LTZ 1500 Crew Cab in White Diamond, and I love it. I do however have a question.

It appears that GM has removed the ability for the end user to add remotes to the system via the DIC. On my 2008 Silverado, I was able to add remotes through the DIC very easily.

Is there a work around? The dealer wants $70 just to program a single remote.

Also it looks like for 2013 the end user can still add keys if they wish via starting the vehicle with a valid key, turning the key off, and inserting a new key and turning to the on position.

Thanks.

2. stchman

Nobody has any ideas?

3. stchman

Oh well, I guess it will remain a mystery.

4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

sorry man, dont have a 13 to even try on. there might be a way to do it, but i wouldnt have any idea how. look in the owners manual is the best advice I can give you.

Alex

5. stchman

The owners manual states to take it to an authorized dealer, I wonder if the dealer has to hook a computer up to it or if there is a key sequence to press.

6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I guess that you could try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBtdQzL96bw I don't think that it will work because they are doing it on an older model in the video. I will try to make some calls later today and see what I can find out. But, being election day I think that the employees at the GM tech center have the day off.
    I know that the 11-12 yukons rewuired a scan tool to program a remote. This can be performed by any locksmith that has a scantool. Many locksmiths have small portable scan tools and will be it cheap or even free at times.I would call around.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012