1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2013 Silverado Remote Programming.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Oct 31, 2012.

1. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Hello all,

This is my first post. I recently bought a 2013 Silverado LTZ 1500 Crew Cab in White Diamond, and I love it. I do however have a question.

It appears that GM has removed the ability for the end user to add remotes to the system via the DIC. On my 2008 Silverado, I was able to add remotes through the DIC very easily.

Is there a work around? The dealer wants $70 just to program a single remote.

Also it looks like for 2013 the end user can still add keys if they wish via starting the vehicle with a valid key, turning the key off, and inserting a new key and turning to the on position.

Thanks.

2. stchman

Nobody has any ideas?

3. stchman

Oh well, I guess it will remain a mystery.

4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

sorry man, dont have a 13 to even try on. there might be a way to do it, but i wouldnt have any idea how. look in the owners manual is the best advice I can give you.

Alex

5. stchman

The owners manual states to take it to an authorized dealer, I wonder if the dealer has to hook a computer up to it or if there is a key sequence to press.

6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I guess that you could try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBtdQzL96bw I don't think that it will work because they are doing it on an older model in the video. I will try to make some calls later today and see what I can find out. But, being election day I think that the employees at the GM tech center have the day off.
    I know that the 11-12 yukons rewuired a scan tool to program a remote. This can be performed by any locksmith that has a scantool. Many locksmiths have small portable scan tools and will be it cheap or even free at times.I would call around.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012