2013 silverado windshield wiper question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by martym, Mar 2, 2013.

1. martym

martym New Member

Traded in my 08 silverado 2500HD last month on a 13 silverado 1500. On the new truck, the passenger side wiper does not touch the windshield for about the last inch or two. When it is straight up or to the left it does touch. When driving in rain there is not a crisp line where the wiper touches. I must be to anal, but this really bothers me. Took it back to the dealer. They put on a new set, still does the same thing. Went out on their lot and checked other trucks, none of them touch. A friend just also just bought a new 13 silverado his is the same. What kind of engineering is this? They can't even get the wiper blade to fully touch the windshield. The 08 didn't do this. Anybody else notice this?

Marty

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My 11 Silverado has the same issue, for the first couple months it bothered me, now I dont even notice it anymore.
    I thought about increasing the spring pressure in the arm a little more but lately it hasnt bothered me enough to exert the energy required to study the problem, to many other projects.

3. redvett

redvett Member 100 Posts

Its under warranty see your dealer.

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I know it's not a truck, but my 08' HHR does this, and my mom's 06' Aveo also does this. I would say it's an engineering flaw.

5. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

martym,

I'm sorry you are frustrated. Could you please PM me your information (name, number, address, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer) so I can look into your situation?

Evan, GM Customer Service

6. fenwick865

fenwick865 New Member

My '13 Silverado does this as did my '04. I live near Buffalo, NY. In the winter that gap between wiper and windshield collects ice. The ice knob at the end of the wiper gets bigger and bigger. Resulting in the wiper getting further away from the windshield. My thought is to reshape the windshield.

7. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I don't even like to use wipers.

Rain-X all the way.

8. fenwick865

fenwick865 New Member

Unfortunately here with the salt rain-x is useless.

9. 4.8SilveradoSS

4.8SilveradoSS New Member

You can try buying new Wipers or you can take them off and balance them.

- - - Updated - - -

You can try buying new Wipers or you can take them off and balance them.

10. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

My 09 does the exact same thing. Did it with the stock wipers and does it with the fancy and expensive RainX Latitude wiper blades I installed a while back. I think it has something to do with windshield shape. My father's 2013 does it as well. I just learned to live with it. X2 on the rainX, in the summer I don't turn my wipers on, all RainX, but here as well the salt is killer and isn't phased in the least by a little RainX.