2014 Chevrolet Silverado : Discussion, Photos and Video

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Dec 13, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

2014 Chevy Silverado Information
    Today GM unveiled the long awaited and much anticipated 2014 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck.

According to Mark Reuss, the North America President for General Motors,

That's a strong statement for sure, but one that we take to heart and are happy to know that GM has put the time, effort and energy into furthering this category-leading full-size light duty pickup truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwK5K1c2kG0

2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LT-022-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LT-023-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-038-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LT-018-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LT-019-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LT-020-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LT-021-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LT-024-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LT-025-medium (1).jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-001-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-002-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-003-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-004-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-005-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LT-017-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-039-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-034-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-035-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-036-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-037-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-033-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-029-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-030-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-031-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-032-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-028-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-026-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-027-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-006-medium.jpg

4asuqava.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. ChevyFan

Here are some additional 2014 Chevrolet Silverado Photos
    2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-008-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-015-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-014-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-013-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-012-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-011-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-010-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-009-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-007-medium.jpg 2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-016-medium.jpg
  3. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

I like it but i dont like the looks. I just hate the loook of the grille and the Headlights.
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator

I love the interior its just amazing. I like the body and rear end but the grill isn't as attractive. I hate the GMC lights they look dumb.
  5. ChevyFan

I've got to admit that the interior really caught my eye as well, out of all of those photos. I think a lot of the innovation that goes on under the hood is just as advanced and impressive as well.
  6. PondWarrior

PondWarrior New Member

I hope you can turn off the Collision alert and lane departure warning. I don't need a light to flash or my seat to vibrate, I shoulder check.
    I like the looks, but I like the current body style as well!
    Excited to see the HD's and the 1/4 Tons. Come on V6! no more I5!
  7. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

so far 2 things i notice....

FORD instrument cluster...
    DODGE cab style...

hopefully this doesnt make anyone upset but one thing i wish to see on our trucks is something the TOYOTA TUNDRA's have.....
    an entire power rear window... i think its one thing any truck should have an option for, just a neat concept to be able to roll down the whole rear window at your discretion...
  8. Westwind

Westwind New Member

I own a 2008 GMC and I still favor that brand in the redesign, but the Chevy's looks are much improved over the older. I hope that they have improved the quality of the interior, especially the seat coverings. I am glad to see that the brake controller has been moved for easier access. Just had to replace the speakers on my 08 since they failed, made in Mexico quality was stamped on them.
    Now I'm waiting to see 3/4 ton and 1 ton.
  9. stchman

stchman New Member

Finally someone that agrees with me. What's with all those ebay LEDs around the light?
  10. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

I think the chevy design is pretty good too, I like the HID's (finally) and the led's for day time running lamps. but I am sure those will be on the LTZ ++++++ $10,000 upgrade package.....

I like the instrument cluster, but what the ***** did they do with the stereo and the nav unit? I think they should be there, but what is with all the waisted space, that hole center area needs a complete redesign to be practical.
  11. 2k8z71

2k8z71 New Member

I like the Sierra redesign more than the Silverado, but the more I stare at the Silverado and think about all that can be done to make it look better, the more I start to like it. I would at least paint the "chrome" around the headlights to match the body color. I do like how they designed the top part of the doors to where they don't curve up and over onto the roof as much as the current ones. That will reduce wind noise, I'm sure. I like how there is a separate button for the cargo light. And as stated above, whats with that wasted space where the nav unit is? They coulda just went wide screen to fill it in.
  12. Tachyon

Tachyon New Member

I think the styling refresh is fine. It's a little more squared off with sharper crease lines which I like. It's a more aggressive look. The only thing I really don't care for is the tailgate. It's too much like the F-150, especially the little spoiler wanna-be thing at the top of the gate.
    Other than that though, not bad. Since it's not repulsive to look at, the real issue will be the ruggedness of the chassis and the powertrain. If those turn out to be powerful, efficient and reliable then they have a hit.
  13. 2k8z71

2k8z71 New Member

One thing I am surprised about, is the fact that they didn't just drop the V6 Camaro engine in and call it quits for the V6 line. Hopefully that 4.3L they stick in there has enough power to compete with the V6 competition. But GM should of done something more than just 3 n/a engines. If they did a turbo'd engine and intro'd the 8 speed transmissions, then that would of put the EcoBoost F150 to shame. I will probably wait a few years and see what happens before I spend $40k on a truck lol
  14. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member

The headlights look horrible...almost like they just strapped 4, 88-98 headlights together. The grill looks pretty rough. It looks like they're trying to make the half ton look more like HD models. I don't know how I feel about the rear doors on the extended cab yet. The "spoiler" isn't necessary...it's a truck, not a ricer. The instrument cluster leaves some to be desired, but it works... Right now it's not a truck that I'll spend $40-$50K on. Maybe that would change after I drove it.
  15. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton New Member

Well now I like the Chevy and the GMC looks wrong! Interior looks functional, HID lights are good and the LED lights should make the style conscious people happy!
  16. I second this. One of my best friends just got rid of his tundra with the full power rear window. What an awesome feature.
  17. gatormike69

gatormike69 New Member

I like the overall looks but the dash , to me, looks a little messy. I have the 2010 extended cab and I like the way the doors open. You have a lot of room to maneuver items in or out which I think will not be so easy with the rear doors oeneing the same as the front on these new trucks. I like that they are making four wheel discs standard, I always wondered if they just had so many drums left in the stockroom that they kept putting them on the rears of our trucks until now.
  18. RGNewell

RGNewell New Member

I do like the way rear doors open. That makes it easier to load groceries and such in the back when angle parking. I had a 2000 GMC ext cab and hated the rear doors, that is why I went with a crew cab on my 2011. I would have preferred the 6 ft bed rather than the little bit of extra interior room.
  19. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

that is one thing i do not understand... why is it that all the 99-06 trucks seem to have 4-wheel disc brakes but then 07+ gm decided to go front discs and rear drums??? budget cuts maybe? i dont know. never made sense to see a newer truck with a sub par braking system, though im sure drums are way better than they used to be
  20. ddeal6545

ddeal6545 New Member

I think that GM is trying too hard to make their trucks look like Fords with the massive chrome grilles and front bumpbers. I have a 2008 Silverado that I like, but I prefer the looks of the pre-2007 models. What happened to the good looks of past GM trucks?