1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2014 Chevrolet Silverado : Discussion, Photos and Video

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

drums are better at disipaiting heat and long term heavy use. thats why semi brakes are all drum. why they went back to discs is a good question.

Alex

2. awtposts

awtposts Member

I see NOTHING I like at all - Especially the price tag. Looks like a hideous Caddy makeover all around. Too many creases and edges to buff with a power buffer, Flat sheet metal sides (like Ford) just makes door dings visible half mile away, still can't use the stake pockets for anything (Needs to accomodate a 2x4) and I wonder why GM thinks they need to re-invent the wheel every re-design?

I like the step-up on the rear bumper for bed access (took how many years after Ford did something?). Oh and my biggest peeve of all - Did the GM Designers FINALLY figure out that humans are NOT built like a Chimpanze? Our arms are not a foot or two longer than our legs. Hate how cab designs in vehicles today make you leg confortable but arms are locked straight with seat back upright making you look and feel like a dork or your comfotable in angle and arms position but your knees are in the dash or your teeth. Oh and why are the gas and brake pedals offset? Is that a Govt Reg? Thats actualy root cause for many accidents.

Toyota is looking better every year in my book.

3. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Actually disc brakes are far better at dissipating heat, theyre completely exposed to outside air, whereas drums are completely self-contained, making them a common victim of heat related brake fade.

4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

to a point yes, but drums deal with lots of heat better, more area to sink the heat into, to much heavy braking on discs warp the rotors, not so with drums....

Alex

5. leee258

leee258 New Member

it outlined a bevy of changes and updates—everything, that is, except power figures for the trucks’ equally new small-block V-8s and small-block-derived V-6 engines. When it goes on sale later this year, the Silverado and the Sierra will offer a 4.3-liter V-6, a 5.3-liter V-8, and a 6.2-liter V-8. Chevy finally has released output figures and EPA fuel-economy ratings for the mid-level, 5.3-liter V-8. Info on the other two engines will be released later.
    ----------------------
    2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

6. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!....
    a land Titanic, with a 4x4 sticker...

things like front parking assist? seriously? what was your logic that lead to that? its too big...
    "lets put in more chinese electronics!!
    what if we just make is smaller and save 2,000 lbs?
    -fire that guy"
    and just as kinda a middle finger, lets give this huge truck a teeny-tiny back window.

7. Domecreek

Domecreek New Member

I took time to go to the Chev Dealer in Stony Plain, Alberta yesterday as I am going to buy a new Silverado 4x4. Lots and Lots of 2013s on the lot, but not one salesperson came out to say hello, may I help you.

So I left.

In light of the revealing in this post, of the 2014 model , I am glad they stayed inside as I will go to another dealer in Edmonton area and look for the 2014 model.

8. GuyGene

GuyGene Member

To me, best looking are '94-'02. But I have never seen an ugly truck!

9. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

I just got done reading about the 2014 Silverado in the Motor Trend August Issue, and I assure you this side one IMPRESSIVE Truck. And for all of you who are turned off by the front. . . Take a look at the Ford ATLAS, the front end is, is well massive. and the cheap a*& chrome is everywhere. It's like a chrome plated Abrams assault vehicle. This the best Silverado yet, more horsepower and better MPG. It's towing capacity is 12.000 pounds. Just figure how that well mean in project completion. This the best of the best, no turbo-charged 6 cylinder here. But excellent muscle from all the power plants. The interior I think is going to get you tickets for "Inattentive Driving. There's more dials and buttons than a five year old could play with. Great Truck from the New GMC & Chevy houses.

10. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Saw my first 2014 Silverado on the road this past Saturday. I have seen them already, just not on the road. There is a dealership I pass by every day on my way home from work and they have had them on the lot for about a month now - all lined up along the road-side of the dealership. Plus, I got to see one close up a few months back at the NRA 500! Thanks again [MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION]! Anyway, just thought I'd share. They are starting show up on the roads!