1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2014 Chevrolet Silverado : Discussion, Photos and Video

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Dec 13, 2012.

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 100 Posts

Well Motor Trend just finished an article about the 2014 Silverado and they thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Personally I like it. I'd be glad to own one. They do sit up high, so you'd need a set of step bars or whatever the side steps are called these days. Better mileage and the truck is "Quiet". After all the years of squeaky plastic interiors, finally one where the project is to silence all the bounces and noise. And please, Do NOT Mention OBAMA and fuel prices. He ain't gonna sign the bill to build and put in-ground pipelines so oil can be moved as cheaply as possible so get comfortable $4 a gallon gasoline. I was watching the world news a few nights ago and they were talking about the high price of a gallon of gasoline, and that we now generate 3X as much of our own oil than in 2006, BUT it is cheaper to pump it into tankers and sell/ship it overseas. Am I stupid or how the H&^l can it be cheaper to load it into ships to ship & sell overseas then to pump it by pipeline around this country? How can that be ????? Big oil ALWAYS has an answer to the questions no matter what. $3.50 gas is here to stay and it'll be $4.00 by the end of this administrations run. :grrrrrr:
  2. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

From what I've read, the reason semis use drum over disc is that drum brakes have more surface area than discs. More surface area means better stopping power. Now with that being said, disc brakes are better at getting rid of heat.

- - - Updated - - -

The 1997 - 2003 Ford F150s were pretty ugly IMO.
  3. mike_v

mike_v New Member

2014 Callaway Silverado & Sierra

A few photos of Callaway supercharged Silverado and Sierra for 2014.

460 bhp 5.3L or 540 bhp 6.2L, with GM's new Direct Injection, Continuously Variable Valve Timing, Active Fuel Management. Seamless transition into and out of supercharger boost. Over 520 lb-ft of torque.

"Seriously fast, powerfully engineered." Standard Callaway warranty overlaps GM warranty, covering Callaway and GM parts. Serviced at local Chevy and GMC dealers.

More info, including list of standard equipment and available options: Link to Callaway SportTruck website page

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. rcouchZ71

rcouchZ71 New Member

I got me a 2014 Silverado Texas Edition on October 25,2013 and I gotta say it is leaps and bounds better than the previous body style. Personally I like the new look of the Chevy but for the sake of the thread I will say that the technology, interior, motor and drivetrain, and all the little changes make a huge difference. I traded in my 2013 (I know, say what you will) and I this is the truck that I wanted! The Bluetooth is fast and amazing, the voice command is very easy to use and rather accurate. The interior is fantastic! The buttons are responsive and the placement are key. The touch screen is great and the info center in the gauge cluster is mildly customizable but very practical and can do pretty much everything the touch screen can do but all from the wheel controls which is great when driving. Plus the back seat of the crew cab is a bit larger. The next generation of the 5.3L or the Ecotec3 is nothing short of stellar! In my 2013, acceleration was pretty good but the truck felt like it had to think about what gear it wanted be it. The new 2014 does not have this problem, drop the hammer and it responds! And on the other side it drives smoother, quieter, and more efficiently. The gas mileage difference is more than noticeable, 3 to 5 MPG over my 2013 depending on how you drive ;) All in all this new truck is awesome, I am completely happy with it and looking forward to the many years of service, fun, and customizing I'll have with this beautiful machine.
  5. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith New Member

Concerning the grilles, It just seems like every redesign they try see how much bigger they can make their grilles, maybe trying to show up the other manufacturers I guess? haha. I can see a little bit of 90's era C/K grilles in the design though.

My Old man just got a 2014 LTZ Silverado. Very nice truck and very nice interior. One thing some people might gripe about (my dad does) is the interior lights, when it's dark out it doesn't feel like it illuminates the interior as much as it could, but an insignificant flaw for a great truck.

It is actually VERY quiet and has smooth power, but on the contrary of what rcouchZ71 said, the shifting on it kind of seems a liiiittle more delayed than other vehicles. The cylinder deactivation is pretty neat, it'll show you on the instrument cluster when it deactivates (it's either in V8, or in V4). You can expect around 14-17 mpg around town driving, and maybe 20-21 on highway.

I thought it was the coolest truck, till my dad put a bed cap on it...

That DAMN cap.

1459155_466820463426666_866947822_n.jpg
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The biggest influence on the new Silverado's front was that of the 1985 square body trucks. The head designer had one as his first truck from what I remember and used alot of the design Q's from it. I feel that my 96' is more aerodynamic than the new trucks tho because my truck has a sloped hood and less brickish front end.
  7. JTWard

JTWard Member 100 Posts

Well Last night the 2015 Silverado was voted the best large pickup truck of the year at the Los Angles Auto show. That was the first time and it trumps the Ford F150. The Ford incorporates a lot of aluminum and their Eco Boost V6 while touted By Ford, But he GM 5.3 V8 I think is Overall a More stable and powerful Engine. I'd love to have one !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  8. Phil_R

Phil_R New Member

2014 Silverado 1500, 2-wd, Reg Cab, Work Truck, 4.3L, Trailering Equipment Pkg, WT Convenience Pkg. Delivered on 20 February 2014, used for general transportation, light hauling, tow 18" aluminum boat and trailer. Over 20 MPG average indicated during break-in, back country roads at 55 ~ 60 MPH should return very good fuel economy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]