2014 Chevy Silverado OE wheels

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Bamafan, May 23, 2013.

1. Bamafan

Bamafan New Member

I just wanted to share my thoughts and get your as well. I was playing around on the Chevy website and for fun, I had to build my new 2014 Silverado that I wont be able to afford for years to come. But in the process, I had a thought. I love the look of the 18" OE wheels on the new Chevy. So my thought is, Im going to see if I can get a set and put them on my 07 Z71. After a lot of looking and research on aftermarket wheels, I am now thinking this is the way I would like to go. Now I just have to find a set of these. I'm thinking it will be a few more months before I can find a set, but who knows. What do you guys think?
    2014 OE wheels.jpg
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

3. Bamafan

Bamafan New Member

Yeah, I've looked into those. The only problem is, I've made my mind up that I don't want black or chrome wheels. I love the machined look. Chrome is a little to bright and shiny for my truck I think. Thanks for your thoughts though!
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I can relate. When you know what you want, you know what you want. :glasses:
  5. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 New Member 100 Posts

I think if you are patient, and maybe leave a note with a couple of the larger local tire&wheel shops, you might find some. People trade them in sometimes for different wheels, and you could make a score. Also, check your local craigslist cite every two days or so, with the search terms "new GM truck wheels"...I think that will cast the largest net. Other folks on here may have other ideas. One of the things about the GM wheel that I like is that they are 5 spoke, not 6, and the wheel does not look as busy, or cluttered.
  6. GuyGene

GuyGene New Member

You sound like me! I'm getting a 2014 truck too - in 2021! Maybe I can afford it then!
  7. Bamafan

Bamafan New Member

Thanks for the advice buckmeister. Ill have to do that. I actually talked to a buddy of mine who used to work at an accessory shop. He told me the same thing as you. People come in all the time and order tire and wheel packages and the shop tries to sell there OE wheels for them after that.
  8. steved

steved Former Member 100 Posts

Keep in mind that GM changed the 2500HDs from a standard 8x6.5 to a 8x180mm in 2011...case in point, make sure the newer wheels fit your 2007.