1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2014 Corvette C7 Stingray Z51 walkaround video - me & Tim drove this!

Discussion in 'Chevy Corvette Forum' started by ChevyFan, Oct 1, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Got to drive the 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray while at the "Chevy After Dark" event at the State Fair of Texas. Yeah, we took a small group of people to the fair after Chevy shut it down to the public, meaning no waiting lines for us ... and it was a blast.

The 2014 Corvette Stingray is pretty amazing, 460 hp of power and quad exhaust dead center in the rear.

Standard features of the car will include a 6.2-litre LT1 V-8 engine with displacement and pushrod architecture. Direct injection and optimized combustion hike the power while boosting the torque curves by 50 pound-feet between 2000 and 3500 rpm. GM estimates the engine will make 460 horsepower making it the most powerful standard Corvette to date.

The interior of the car is built with real carbon fiber materials, advanced driver technology, aesthetic and aerodynamic exterior design, and Track-able Z51 Performance Package. The C7’s tech arsenal includes an electronically controlled limited-slip differential, aerodynamic lessons learned from racing, manual-transmission rev matching, and a patented means of sensing tire temperature to fine-tune the chassis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfry4svu800
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

the video is not working! I see convoys of these things driving around in my area very often. They look and sound sweet!
  3. ChevyFan

I just saved some changes to the video on YouTube and it can take 15 seconds or 15 minutes or 1.5 hours to get fixed, just have to play the waiting game.

You can see the video on the Facebook page though if you can't wait.

https://www.facebook.com/gmtruckclub

- - - Updated - - -

I have no clue what's going on with this video, but it looks like YouTube screwed up the video so I'm going to have to re-upload it.

- - - Updated - - -

Video is working now! I will remove these comments later.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

[​IMG] Steve [​IMG] Stop that Now I want one.....[​IMG]
  5. ChevyFan

What's everyone else think of the sound? The styling?

... Next time when I invite people to a special event ... you'd all better take me seriously. GM's not playing around, we've got access to cool stuff.

Also. If you stop the video at 0:26 you see that the speedo is on the left with a top speed at one notch above 200 ... I guess that's 205. Took me a minute to get used to that configuration, so used to it being the other way.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  6. ChevyFan

7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

As my daughter said "Dad that car put a grin on your normally grumpy face!"
    Definately a fun car to drive.
  8. ChevyFan

I'm watching James from lstuner.com do a custom tune on a new 2014 Corvette at Corvette World of Dallas.

1381505770918.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I just posted a video to the Facebook page. I'll embed it later. Trying to get James from lstuner.com to come on here and be a vendor. Go show him some love.
  9. ChevyFan

10. ChevyFan