1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2014 Silverado Navigation

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by fxortiz30, Jan 6, 2014.

1. fxortiz30

fxortiz30 New Member

We recently bought a 2014 Silverado and really like it. The only thing is how come the only way to access the Navigation is through On Star? Or is there another way to be able to manually input the address and add favorites??? I called the dealership and they were unable to answer the questions. Is this just the way the system is set up or is there something wrong??
  2. Danthaman

Danthaman New Member

Do you have the Navigation system?
  3. fxortiz30

fxortiz30 New Member

I really dont know if it does or not ..
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

There are 2 types of nav available on GM vehicles.

One is a navigation system with a screen (about 4"x6") the 2nd is a voice/download system using Onstar.

I think you need to spend sometime reading the owner's manual(s)
  5. Danthaman

Danthaman New Member

OK. So go to your home screen. You should see symbol for navigation. Is the truck a LT or LTZ? Now the new truck radios are totally different. They have a my link system which allows you to add different apps to the radio. It should have came with Pandora.
  6. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

There are 2 types of Nav on that MyLink system:

1. OnStar turn by turn navigation.
    2. Touch screen navigation.

Option #2 costs $795. On your sticker is there a $795 charge?

When I got my 2013 Silverado, I didn't opt for factory nav($2200!!!!!), but the OnStar turn by turn nav was part of my trial OnStar. I ended up getting an Advent OGM-1 nav unit for touch screen nav.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but in order to even get touch screen nav, the OP needed to buy the MyLink system with the 8" display. The 4.2" does not have touch screen nav.
  7. Danthaman

Danthaman New Member

Yes I know the difference. That's why I'm asking. I have the my link system. I was goin to explain it to him. So he would understand how to do it. Just waiting on the OP reply is all.
  8. WVUeers

WVUeers New Member

Danthaman could you explain it to me. I have the 2014 Z71 with the 8" my link and I can only access the nav through on star. Is there another way for the touch screen or do I have to go to the dealership and get that added on there.
  9. Danthaman

Danthaman New Member

If you don't have navigation symbol on your mylink system. You don't have the navigation system. You will have to get the upgrade from the dealer.
  10. WVUeers

WVUeers New Member

How much does the upgrade cost?