2014 Silverado Released :: News, Info, Photos, Discussion

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ChevyFan, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The hanging file system in the center console along with the clam shell style glove box are interesting!

2. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I like how Mike and Jeff said that the Sierra and Silverado are MORE differentiated than ever before. Whatever, they are pretty much the same truck with different cosmetics.

IMO, the GMC's headlights are really stupid looking.

3. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

They are different, thats for sure. The interior is crazy for both trucks. IMO I think the Sierra front end looks to much like a Honda Ridgeline. I dont even wanna know what the price tag will be for either. But all in all, I think I will need to go to a dealer and look at exactly what they offer.

4. Tungsten23

Tungsten23 Member

At least they got rid of the stupid end-caps on the Silverado Front-end! Finally have a real bumper on the front! Sierra seems more refined and has some of the optional features for that are on the Silverado as STANDARD on the GMC. I don't this the pictures do the truck an justice, I want to see these things on the road and lifted (mildly)!

5. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

wow, thanks for all the updates and info guys.......Brian

6. 87silver

87silver Member 1 Year

I like the grille, but obviously I'm a little biased...

Attached Files:

7. ElbowJoe

ElbowJoe Member

Kinda boxy looking if you ask me. And what is with the overly squared wheel wells? Adds to the boxy look. Interior looks nice. Windshield rake is noticeably increased. However, like others, I will have to see it in person to really get an impression. With all the techy stuff, I hope they did not forget about the working aspect and offer a more stripped down (and affordable) model made for construction, farm and hauling use. Bells and whistles are nice - but not what most trucks are used for and certainly not what the average truck owner can afford.

8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

I am intrigued by a 1500 1/2 ton crew cab with a 6.6ft medium bed.... I might not need to move to a 2500.

But then I have a concern about what it's bed and towing capacity is, right now I have a 7500lbs tow capacity.... is choosing the 1500 crew with 6.6ft bed going to drop that? (moving me back to a 2500).

And as far has GMC vs. Chevy..... come on. Look at those 2 trucks...... (This is like the Iphone/Samsung crap). "Samsung copied our rounded corners on the iphone so we are going to sue them"

I see absolutely no difference in these 2 trucks. Ok, the grill is different, the rims are different, You get HID's and LED's in the GMC....

How is that any different than the silverado? Most silverado owners will do after market upgrades to get those features.

There is no "distinct" difference in the 2 trucks, so per the video, that is one *** of an epic fail on GM's part again.

.... The GMC has less road noise? ok, I will get the silverado and dyno mat the cab?

Is that what this has come down to? Sometimes you really have to laugh at what they do to "fake" people into thinking the trucks are different.

Even the engine and tranny options are the same in both trucks.... absolutely no difference except how much extra chrome plated plastic people want to pay more for on the GMC.

9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Now you tell us..... Anyway I saw the review on CR and they already say it´s NOT as quiet as the 2 other brands and the brakes are not as good so maybe GM could look into this BEFORE they come out not after 2 years.. I do like that Rear (First Avalanche´s) Bumper with the step up and handle.. I am glad they got rid of that Cheap easy to Scarch Plastic crap that they have now BUT lets wait till we can see first hand what it looks like..

As for what he said about a Z71 SYSTEM!! PLease!!!! new Shocks and maybe skid plates IF it does not already come with them..How much do The cheapest RANCHO shocks go for??? and How many can GM get at that price? Big Deal.. Give me more or do NOT price the Z71 more then $400 above a reg Silverado... I can buy better shocks for that price too...And still get Z71 stickers on the truck..

Sorry had to rant.... It does look nice but I will have to take a CLOSE look before I buy one... I will miss my Avalanche when it goes....

10. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Can you post a link to this CR review?

- - - Updated - - -

I've been saying for years that the Silverado and Sierra are essentially the same truck with some slightly different cosmetic(emblems, sheet metal, rims) features, but the GMC fanboys will argue to the very end that the Sierra is a different animal. The 2014 does ZERO to change that contrary to what the GMC people say.

From what I've been reading, the Sierra will have more STANDARD features than the Silverado, but you'll be able to get the same features on the Silverado with some "package".

Hey, the Sierra has red lighting vs. the Silverado's blue lighting for the instrument cluster and radio section, that's different enough?

I seriously doubt that the Sierra will have different sound proofing over the Silverado.