1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2014 Silverado/Sierra recall

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by greywolf11, Jan 11, 2014.

1. greywolf11

greywolf11 New Member

2. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Odd that it affects the V-6 and the larger V-8 but not the smaller (4.8L) V-8.

Glad to see they are getting on it so quickly "after only 8 incidences" instead of waiting until there have been a lot more.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A friend told me about this last night.. I say Just rip out all the Computer crap and No more problems....:glasses:
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

GM has only
    the 4.3L V-6(LV3) and 5.3L(L83) and 6.2L V-8s (L86) EcoTec Engines for the 2014 Silverado, the 4.8 liter was not Carried over.
  5. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts

so this software defect MY GUESS is the cat converters at idle start to glow then the interior rug starts to burn.

with this I would expect new cat converters and an extended warranty on the exhaust system .

this must be widespread if a software issue ..